CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

Well the big theater here has no sold out films-but that is no surprise given that DM2 and TLR have showings every 30 minutes. (Kevin Hart has just 4 showings)

Century Rio has no sellouts though for any films-but again they have so many showings for the 2 new releases as well as The Heat and Mu.(That is the big theater out here)The only theater that I am seeing sellouts is at one of the malls.

tlr

The film is pacing to gross $11 million to $12 million on Wednesday for a five-day opening in the $50 million to $60 million range. That's an especially troubling number considering the film's price tag, and means Lone Ranger will have to do especially big business internationally, as well has have strong legs domestically.

Reading that Batman Begins weekend analysis shows just how good the legs and reception of Begins became over the next few weeks. Even harder to believe just how big a juggernaut was launched from such a small beginning.

Just compare BB's legs to MOS' legs. ;)

Century Rio has no sellouts though for any films-but again they have so many showings for the 2 new releases as well as The Heat and Mu.(That is the big theater out here)The only theater that I am seeing sellouts is at one of the malls.

Too bad I can't see how crowded they are :P