CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

Why the hell they decided to shut everything down for good though I never understood. I'm pretty positive that some of us wouldn't even mind PAYING them a 'reasonable' fee to transfer the old derby/forum data just to save and keep many years of memories alive and tracable. They just flat out killed a part of our lives.

I will hate them forever.  <_<

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Why the hell they decided to shut everything down for good though I never understood. I'm pretty positive that some of us wouldn't even mind PAYING them a 'reasonable' fee to transfer the old derby/forum data just to save and keep many years of memories alive and tracable. They just flat out killed a part of our lives without giving us even a CHANCE to save it.

I don't think they could have if they wanted to. There was some STRONG evidence that the site was hacked and all of that data corrupted. They didn't just get rid of the forums--they got rid of everything on the site that related to having a user account. A major site doesn't just up and do that without warning.

They may not have killed the data themselves, but they covered it up. I even got that "don't ask too many questions that I can't answer" vibe from Ray when I was in contact with him during the days Mojo was down. I'm almost positive that his bosses at IMDb just covered up the hacking with the "oh, this is what we planned on doing all along" story.

They were willing to piss off forum users as long as their general reputation remained in tact.

That's my theory, at least.

• Like 2

I don't think they could have if they wanted to. There was some STRONG evidence that the site was hacked and all of that data corrupted. They didn't just get rid of the forums--they got rid of everything on the site that related to having a user account. A major site doesn't just up and do that without warning.

They may not have killed the data themselves, but they covered it up. I even got that "don't ask too many questions that I can't answer" vibe from Ray when I was in contact with him during the days Mojo was down. I'm almost positive that his bosses at IMDb just covered up the hacking with the "oh, this is what we planned on doing all along" story.

They were willing to piss off forum users as long as their general reputation remained in tact.

Do you think this site cares for its forum users?

I would think this forum gets more views than the actual website.

Don't even get me started on Box Office Pro.

Sigh yeah I remember those rumors. I just wish (hello Ted you here me?lol) there could be some place where we can re-visit old threads of epic win/fails and see people's reactions to breakouts/bombs instead of trying hard to put fragments of memory to one incomplete piece.

Edited by DespicableMEnions
  • Like 1