CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

• Founder / Operator

I remember the average prediction for some movies on the derbyNemo I believe 58 milHarry Potter 3 94 milHarry Potter 4 93 milIce Age 2 54 mil

One of my favorites was a $30-something million avg for 300. :lol:

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Someone explain this Derby thing to me. 

:thinking:

It was a box office guessing game where you competed against other users predicting the top 10 (sometimes 11, 12, etc.) grossing movies every weekend. On any given week, we had about 400-500 players.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

It was a box office guessing game where you competed against other users predicting the top 10 (sometimes 11, 12, etc.) grossing movies every weekend. On any given week, we had about 400-500 players.

Rewards?

Rewards?

BOM's pro accont upgrade allowing you access to all their data. (a feature which is free now...) Pretty tempting back then.

Edit: the pro thing lasts only one month though.

Edited by DespicableMEnions

Members of this community really amaze me with their distinguished ability to stay on topic for an astounding average of 1.3 seconds! B)

Last weekend was positively shocking.. the thread stayed on topic for (i think) 50 pages or more.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Rewards?

For years, the 1st place winner got a 1 month pass to Mojo's premier subscriber account (which let you view all of the site's data). They stopped giving out that award in the final year or two, though. Then they took down the paywall and made all of the data free to view--as part of their "master plan" that included shutting down the forums.

• Like 2

You use to be able to have a 3 day free premier pass when you registered. But they got rid of that as apparently people were abusing that by registering again.

Rewards?

It used to be that the winner got a month of BOM pro, which gave you access to a ton of the charts that everyone can now use for free.

I think they eventually stopped doing that, though it was "officially" stated in the derby section. So most likely they just stopped caring about that bit.  :lol:

Edit: beaten like a CHUMP

Edited by Biggestgeekever

For years, the 1st place winner got a 1 month pass to Mojo's premier subscriber account (which let you view all of the site's data). They stopped giving out that award in the final year or two, though. Then they took down the paywall and made all of the data free to view--as part of their "master plan" that included shutting down the forums.

Why the hell they decided to shut everything down for good though I never understood. I'm pretty positive that some of us wouldn't even mind PAYING them a 'reasonable' fee to transfer the old derby/forum data just to save and keep many years of memories alive and tracable. They just flat out killed a part of our lives without giving us even a CHANCE to save it.

Edited by DespicableMEnions