CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Despicable Me 2 - 34M | The Lone Ranger - 9.67M | Kevin Hart - 4.9M

That is actually debatable, you need to remember that a high PTA on a certain amount of theaters does not mean it will do better on more.

Kevin Hart has his parts of the country where he will do well, and less theaters mean it will do better PTA wise. It probably add a bit yes, but not a 20M OD or something like that.

• Like 4

Best thing about that movie was the giant fucking spider that Kevin Smith talked about in his speech regarding his time as the screenwriter for Superman. Producer Jon Peters demanded that Smith put a giant fucking spider in the Superman script. Obviously Smith's script was never used for a Superman movie, but a few years later Smith saw Wild Wild West and what was in the climax? Peters' giant fucking spider. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Peters#Superman_Lives.2C_Superman_Returns_and_Man_of_Steel

I have watched that video so many times and it is never not funny.

There is a ridiculous Peters logo at the very end of MoS.  It's our last movie to end every day to I've seen it many times now and I always chuckle.

Edited by Omega Boner
  • Like 2

that's not how it works

Yep as I said above.I remember when Borat surprised on 800 theaters people said it have a 70M OW had it been on 3K theaters, which no it would of not done THAT good.

Black movies always do better here obviously because its the SE. A movie about volcanoes wouldn't do as hot (see what I did?) here, but it'd probably kill in the Mountain West. Still, TLR sellouts are terrible, but I'm sure Kevin Hart isn't playing as strong across the board.

Edited by jandrew

Guess the high end of the range for DM2 will be decided on whether or not the best coast carries it there. ^_^

I see you Bay Area.

Let's see.

4 sell outs in Long Beach

3 Aliso Viejo (OC)

0 at Irvine Spectrum :o

And for some reason showtimes are not available for Ontario.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

Which yeah I don't think Bollywood films ever come out here.

The only girl I knew in HS who was from India was a girl who was adopted by a White family at a VERY young age so she had very little knowledge of Indian culture. I only have met a few people who are of Indian decent actually.

There is a ridiculous Peters logo at the very end of MoS.  It's our last movie to end every day to I've seen it many times now and I always chuckle.

He is apparently going to make around $15m on MOS without having any creative input. Banned from the set during filming. In exchange they gave him a sweet back-end deal. Gotta love Hollywood. :lol: