Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

Huh, I just noticed After Earth is missing from BOM weekend estimates. Is it's run finally over or is Sony just too embarrassed to report such a tiny number this week.

I've never had so much fun hating on a movie.Posted Image

• Like 2

Which is sad because it was surprisingly good.

Hmm, i f you say so...

It's the only BlueSky movie i didn't see in theatre.

Trailers didn't thrill me.

Not even a smile!

And that title...

Blander than "JohnCarter" and so pretentious in the same time.

Hmm, i f you say so... It's the only BlueSky movie i didn't see in theatre. Trailers didn't thrill me.Not even a smile! And that title... Blander than "JohnCarter" and so pretentious in the same time.

The title does it no favours. I don't know what possessed them to change it from "The Leaf Men".
  • Like 1

Huh, I just noticed After Earth is missing from BOM weekend estimates.

2002: Signs with MelGibson opens just over 60M

Flashforward

2013: AfterEarth with WillSmith closes around 60M

Pitiful symetry.

• Like 2

There's actually a pattern and it's quite regular. If you start with the year after the 11 year wait, it goes 6, 5, 6 then 11. So 2019, 2024 and 2030 are the next years that will have this calendar.

Yep, this is it. Gotta love leap years. I still think the best configuration is having Independence day on a Wednesday, with movies opening Tuesday, a la Transformers in 2007. Transformers milked that weekend for all it was worth.

Just got back after a 4 day trip to Alaska (surprisingly people there are not happy that Palin is what people think they are like). 

Really good numbers for DM2, even better than expected. Also, MoS still on course for 300M, good weekend.

• Like 1