luna

Most overrated directors

This, for me, is one of the best scenes I ever saw in a movie

Especially the part at 1:20... Verbinski is a genius when it comes to blockbuster mass destruction adventure movies.

• Like 5

I don't care if AWE is way too long and has heaps of convoluted storylines, it still has most of my favourite scenes in the Pirates franchise.

The attrocious wedding-slaughterhouse 5 was the most walked out scene in any movie I've seen during my 4 years long stint as a cinema employee. Poeple were massively leaving during that garbage muttering that it was garbage. We had DMC for over 3 months, this was out of audietoriums after a bit over 1 month (thanks to Disney contract that imposes obligation to keep their shit even if it doesn't sell). I hate that movie so much and I'm glad it dropped so hard from DMC in boxoffice, ticket sales and DVD sales. Total embarrassment.

If Looper is anything to go by, yes on Rian Johnson. Very, very stupid film. Poorly directed as well; he should have given his material to someone more qualified.

I can definitely see how someone can think its overrated as hell(I loved it though) when some critics and fanboys were comparing it to the Matrix(laughably so), but awful and poorly directed? Nada.

Verbinski is overrated?

I didn't even know he was that highly rated to begin with.

Apart from Disney, I don't think anyone else in the industry rates Verbinski that highly for him to be called overrated.

Verbinski does get his fair share of criticism. Not Michael Bay-level of criticism, but still some criticism.

Edited by ACCA

The attrocious wedding-slaughterhouse 5 was the most walked out scene in any movie I've seen during my 4 years long stint as a cinema employee. Poeple were massively leaving during that garbage muttering that it was garbage. We had DMC for over 3 months, this was out of audietoriums after a bit over 1 month (thanks to Disney contract that imposes obligation to keep their shit even if it doesn't sell). I hate that movie so much and I'm glad it dropped so hard from DMC in boxoffice, ticket sales and DVD sales. Total embarrassment.

You are just a Willabeth hater. :P

• Like 1

I can definitely see how someone can think its overrated as hell(I loved it though) when some critics and fanboys were comparing it to the Matrix(laughably so), but awful and poorly directed? Nada.

I wouldn't call it awful. Just really stupid. Could have been decent with more inspired directing.

I didn't like Rango, Pirates 2 & 3 and Lone Ranger is meant to suck, yet I still like Verbinski as a director. He is very talented and unique. He should have stuck to the POTC movies because as disappointing as the sequels were, his stamp on the movies are what makes them so watchable and it showed when Rob Marshal took over.

Still have to say Davy Jones was the most impressive visual effects achievement of the that decade.

this, Davy Jones effects still rivals with today's effects imo, just compare X3 or SR to DMC, it's not fair.
  • Like 1