#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

I didn't expect this type of review at all. Didn't you call a 9M OD earlier?  :rolleyes: I love ya MovieMan.

Nope, that would be Noctis that brought that 9m number to the table. ;) I said between 10.5-12.5, which may not be far off. We'll see when Rth chimes in.

Just got out of PR. What an absolute mess of a film. I've rarely seen a film fail so miserably while simultaneously succeeding so exhilaratingly. The story and characters are some of the absolute worst I've ever seen in a blockbuster, while the action sequences are some of the absolute best. But good lord that first hour. I don't know if I've ever been as mind numbingly bored as I was that first hour. F for the story/characters, A for the visuals/art direction/ action. The GA is not going to go big for this though. WOM will be very mixed among GA.

Yes, because the GA only goes to see movies with strong, well developed characters, like Transformers 2.Edit for phone fail. Edited by Omega Boner
  • Like 6

Nope, that would be Noctis that brought that 9m number to the table. ;) I said between 10.5-12.5, which may not be far off. We'll see when Rth chimes in.

12.5M? Theres no way.

This is one of the most selfish and arrogant things I've ever seen been written.

Not really. My auditorium had all generations and all sexes and the movie didn't get applause at the end even though movies often get some in this theater. TF2 got it (while I was sitting on the floor pulling my hair and crying - no kidding, I really did) , Avatar got it every time, TGG got it, TA got it. Those are just on top of my head.

This didn't. People laughed at all the right places, applauded when Perlman appeared and then just left. Two teens who were sitting by me didn't seem to enjoy themselves becaue they didn't even laugh when they should have and then they just got up and left without checking out credits. Some kid that was sitting by my other side was tapping his fingers so I had to growl threats. His dad started to snore, no kidding. I heard the sound and thought I heard it wrong. Hell no.

So, yeah, I'm not sure how this will fly. I loved it, though.

• Like 3

Not really. My auditorium had all generations and all sexes and the movie didn't get applause at the end even though movies often get some in this theater. TF2 got it (while I was sitting on the floor pulling my hair and crying - no kidding, I really did) , Avatar got it every time, TGG got it, TA got it. Those are just on top of my head.

This didn't. People laughed at all the right places, applauded when Perlman appeared and then just left. Two teens who were sitting by me didn't seem to enjoy themselves becaue they didn't even laugh when they should have and then they just got up and left without checking out credits. Some kid that was sitting by my other side was tapping his fingers so I had to growl threats. His dad started to snore, no kidding. I heard the sound and thought I heard it wrong. Hell no.

Did MoS get it?

It’s extremely ignorant. It’s just his opinion. He has nothing to back it up with.

Hell Pacific Rim has gotten generally favorable reviews, with some major critics praising the film for not taken itself seriously and being a fun time, so obviously some people must like it (not that I really care for critics, but they seem to have a lot of influence on the general public).

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

When I bought my ticket for PR in 70mm IMAX yesterday afternoon, it was pretty much empty (maybe 20% full). When I went today, it was essentially sold out. 

Off the cuff and I could be wrong but I thought PR was only available as Imax Digital not availalbe in Film format

Off the cuff and I could be wrong but I thought PR was only available as Imax Digital not availalbe in Film format

It's playing in Lincoln Square. They have the digital and film format so I couldn't tell you which one they're using. They used Digital for IM3.