#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

It is actually the biggest OD for any Sandler movie ever.

16.3M (GU2) > 16.18M (The Longest Yard)

Looks like Sandler might have repaired his brand somewhat after a couple flops.

We'll see if his next few movies can keep the momentum.

That Grown Ups 2 number has quickly sapped my spirit this morning. Goddamn it, America.

Forget that the opening weekend is all good will from GU and that was very well liked.

• Founder / Operator

It is actually the biggest OD for any Sandler movie ever.

16.3M (GU2) > 16.18M (The Longest Yard)

Thanks for catching, my mistake. I had that pre-written before the $16.3m figure came in. :)

Edited by ShawnMR

I'd say those are very solid numbers are all around for everything- PR is a somewhat niche original sci fi, so doing Super 8 numbers is great. GU2 is gonna do great Saturday business- this is a family film, even more than the first one, by a mile. 

• Like 1

Sandler needs to get his shit together. His comedies were always stupid, but funny. GU, JGWI and Zohan are hilarious. But TMB and J&J are just too stupid, and apparently GU2 doesn't break that. I could see that coming from the trailer. Seriously? A deer pissing in Sandler's face? Who writes this shit? A monkey?

Edited by CJohn

I seriously think that GU2 was made with only children in mind- it tried way too hard with the humor, and the only people in my audience who liked it alot were the kids, who ate it up.  I still really enjoyed GU1, but this one kind blew chunks for anyone over 12. 

• Like 1