#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Those Friday numbers aren't particularly good for either PR or GU2 but I'll wait for our savior's numbers.  :D

They aren't bad at all for GU2.  It's on par with the first which means that it kept most of the audience from the original.

It won't hit 38m with a 14m Friday. Remember nearly 4m of that is previews/midnights meaning it could go as low as 10m for Sat. Then around 7.5 on Sunday would put it at 31-32m for the weekend.

Why wouldn't it increase on Saturday from the Friday number minus midnights?

if it follows Super 8 it will finish with about 37-38 mill.

Edited by baumer

It won't hit 38m with a 14m Friday. Remember nearly 4m of that is previews/midnights meaning it could go as low as 10m for Sat. Then around 7.5 on Sunday would put it at 31-32m for the weekend.

It could also mean that GU2 might not hit 40M+ if it has the same Friday as GU1, since that film had very minimal previews and this has 2.3M, plus GU1 only had a 2% Fri-Sat increase.

Why wouldn't it increase on Saturday from the Friday number minus midnights?

if it follows Super 8 it will finish with about 37-38 mill.

Oh Super 8 ... I was so disappointed with that # it got, at the time was hoping for higher ... I really enjoyed that movie, despite the kind of awkward ending.

Edited by Adam

I personally don't see strong legs for PR.  I could be wrong of course but the film tries hard, but imo, it's a bit of a mess.

I read the plot on Wikipedia and i was 50 shades of confused. Visuals are still perfect, the story is just a little complex.
  • Like 1

So DM2 is looking at a 60% bump for Friday.

Give it a 35% bump on Saturday and a 25% drop on Sunday and you have it close to 49 mill.