#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Off the cuff and I could be wrong but I thought PR was only available as Imax Digital not availalbe in Film format

You actually may be correct. There are only two true IMAX theaters (70mm) where I live, but I read recently that one of them has switched to 2k digital projectors despite using the 70mm film format for at least the past decade and having a gigantic screen. Apparently this is a temporary transition until laser projectors come in 2014 since film has gotten so expensive to process. I think the same thing happened at the IMAX screen I went to today since both the trailers and the film had really poor resolution. I don't know if it was the resolution or the combination of the 3D conversion and the giant screen but I had to get a refund since it made me nauseous. Seeing it in 'LieMax' tomorrow. 

So a mild warning to anyone planning on seeing this in "true" IMAX, it may not look as good as films like Avatar or Oblivion since a 2k projector doesn't have the power to project a high-quality image on such a massive screen. If your IMAX theater is one of the few to use 70mm, it may be a different story but I never thought that a true IMAX theater would downgrade before switching to laser projection. 

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/imax-digital-projector-international-programming-growth/

what do you want me to do tell you SR is going to do  15m

:puke:

You has become an expert at teasing, Rth  :P I'm sure lots of members are holding their breaths for your updates right now  :lol:

I actuyally didn't cringe at the dialog because nobody delivered the lines as if fate of the world depends on it. Eveyrone was on the joke playing not tongue in cheek (save Perlman but that's his schtick, and scientists who were comic relief) but with a wink. Unlike MoS, TDKR where outrageously pretentious dialog that felt like battle of political slogans was uttered with laughable urgency and seriousness.

They were aware of the cheesiness? Aside from Perlman, I didn't get that at all. I'm not a fan of the whole "B movie" tone unless they go for it all the way and all of the actors are completely aware of it. Since it was trying to balance a serious tone most of the time, it didn't work for me and dialogue left me cringing. God those two scientist characters were horrid.

You has become an expert at teasing, Rth  :P I'm sure lots of members are holding their breaths for your updates right now  :lol:

I'm loving that he's getting more involved with the forums. :D He used to only post updates now he feels comfortable enough to tease us.  :lol: 

• Like 2

They were aware of the cheesiness? Aside from Perlman, I didn't get that at all. I'm not a fan of the whole "B movie" tone unless they go for it all the way and all of the actors are completely aware of it. Since it was trying to balance a serious tone most of the time, it didn't work for me and dialogue left me cringing. God those two scientist characters were horrid.

I get your point, it's just that I didn't think anyone was uncomfortably serious like in MoS (save Faora) for example. And dialog revelled in cheese while MoS and TDKR thought they were saying something OMG profound.

Also, many lines induced laughs and those were not unintentional. Everyone was definitely on the joke with different levels of showing.

• Like 1

I get your point, it's just that I didn't think anyone was uncomfortably serious like in MoS (save Faora) for example. And dialog revelled in cheese while MoS and TDKR thought they were saying something OMG profound.

Also, many lines induced laughs and those were not unintentional. Everyone was definitely on the joke with different levels of showing.

Yeah, the tone wasn't trying to be profound like a TDKR/MOS, but I just don't feel it was trying to be B movie cheese-tastic either. And a lot of the dialogue was for me, so I felt a big clash with the tone.

• Like 1

I don't see how SR & GU2 end up doing similar GU2 should be way ahead

Thanks for the updates Rth. 

Bummer for PR  :(

BTW, do we wanna know what SR stands for? :P Or is that a typo?

Yeah, the tone wasn't trying to be profound like a TDKR/MOS, but I just don't feel it was trying to be B movie cheese-tastic either. And a lot of the dialogue was for me, so I felt a big clash with the tone.

It's hard to attain full-on B cheese when your budget is $200 mio give or take. But they did go for straight up B.

What does SR stand for? I know it is the designated name for Pacific Rim now, but after the past few months, everytime I see SR I think "Superman Returns" - and now I think thank god the Returns continuity is now dead and gone. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the updates Rth. 

Bummer for PR  :(

BTW, do we wanna know what SR stands for? :P Or is that a typo?

I was afraid to ask him. I seriously doubt it's a typo. He doesn't make mistakes like that but really bad news for PR.  :(

Edited by druv10