#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Well, fearless Jeagers may win the battle over Kaijus on the Pacific Rim, but they looks has lost to a crap Adam Sandler comedy at the box office.

RIP

And don't forget the minions. The evil minions can eat Jeagers and Kaiju after all:

Posted Image

• Like 1

The most successful Godzilla film in the U.S. was Godzilla, and Godzilla wasn’t even in that.

Godzilla isn’t really that popular outside of Asian countries.

Also Pacific Rim’s reviews were positive. Several major critics called it entertaining. Its failure has nothing to do with reviews.

Surely you're smart enough to grasp that the Japanese Godzilla films weren't big in the US because they, you know, were low budget Japanese films. The character Godzilla is arguably the most famous film character in the world, and that's what needs to be taken advantage of.

Surely you're smart enough to grasp that the Japanese Godzilla films weren't big in the US because they, you know, were low budget Japanese films. The character Godzilla is arguably the most famous film character in the world, and that's what needs to be taken advantage of.

The character of Godzilla hasn’t been popular in America for decades now. Godzilla 1985 and Godzilla 2000 made no money at the box office (and I love Godzilla and Kaiju movies FYI).

They still need to market the movie properly. Simply having Godzilla in the title isn’t going to help.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

The only franchise-launch of this year we got is CROODS, it seems.

All other attempting to set new series have failed.

The Heat already has a sequel greenlit from what I understand. And we'll definitely get a Superman sequel out of MOS.

Edited by MovieMan89

This movie has a $200 million budget so the rule of thumb says it needs to make 400 million WW to break even. I don't think that's a tall order if it keeps doing well in Asia. People are being too hasty here by completely writing this off. This won't be a massive hit obviously but that doesn't mean it is a failure.

The character of Godzilla hasn’t been popular in America for decades now. Godzilla 1985 and Godzilla 2000 made no money at the box office (and I love Godzilla and Kaiju movies FYI).They still need to market the movie properly. Simply having Godzilla in the title isn’t going to help.

The marketing for Godzilla '98 was phenomenal.

The character of Godzilla hasn’t been popular in America for decades now. Godzilla 1985 and Godzilla 2000 made no money at the box office (and I love Godzilla and Kaiju movies FYI).

They still need to market the movie properly. Simply having Godzilla in the title isn’t going to help.

I already said it won't succeed unless it has a pitch perfect marketing campaign.

Brand recognition gives it an advantage over PR, that's my point. If you go by box office grosses Godzilla was never popular here, so that's a moot point.