kayumanggi

INFERNO | 10.28.16 | Sony | final gross ● 34.34 M

17 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Word of mouth on the forums seem to be decent. But audience score on RT is lackluster(41%) but keep in mind some of those aren't real people and some like to bash it just to piss people off.

But that's true for any number of film in any genre, so that argument is a wash. 

59 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Inferno: Industry Box Office Tracking:

$22,000,000 OW

$83,000,000 DOM

$182,000,000 WW

Doesn't make sense lol. I'm cool with some of your predictions but this one is ridiculous. No way this makes 83M, and even if it did, how on Earth is it only going to do 99M OS as it has already passed that mark :lol:

Perhaps it's that I went in with low-ish expectations, but I actually kinda-sorta enjoyed it. It's dumb as a post and has an especially silly twist that I saw coming a decent way out, but it's still miles ahead of Angels & Demons (not that that's exactly a tough film to surpass).

11 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Perhaps it's that I went in with low-ish expectations, but I actually kinda-sorta enjoyed it. It's dumb as a post and has an especially silly twist that I saw coming a decent way out, but it's still miles ahead of Angels & Demons (not that that's exactly a tough film to surpass).

The "twist" was the worst part of the movie. Not too far behind are Elizabeth (and the tedious love story between her and Langdon no one cares about) and main villain's stupid and contrived plan. I wasn't expecting much, and am not usually too harsh on movies, unless I'm bored watching them, and that's exactly what I was for a good 20-30 mins of this one.

WOW! $15m

Really was hoping for at least $19m but the World Series & bad reviews have killed it and other late Oct films. 

RIP Hanks as Langdon series. The reboot is coming in 2024 no doubt with new Dan Brown books adapted most likely. There will be at least 2 unadapted books. 

• Like 1

The movie will make money (budget is 75M), but the franchise is dead. There is only one book left to adapt and it is set in USA and americans does not want to see these movies. Tom Hanks is also getting to old for the part IMO.

I actually like reading the novels, but the movies were bad. The novels had all these wonderful descriptions of art, history and religion combined with riddles. The also had a very by-the-numbers plot with easy to guess plot twists and tagged on romance. Unfortunately, the Hanks/Howard series had their primary focus on the latter.

One current book to adapt, Lost Symbol.

For September 2017 the next book in the Langdon series will be released, Origins

So for the inevitable reboot there will be at minimum 2 unadapted Langdon books. Depending on the timeframe and success of these Langdon books there could in theory be another book or two in the series. 

• Like 1

My wife and I saw this Saturday night.....@blankments has a crappy memory then.

It's RT score is not even remotely justified. I'm not saying it's in my top 50 of all time but it's worth a viewing.

I feel it could easily have a mid 70's RT score or better. 

I'd grade it a B/B- myself. 

There are some predictable tropes, which frankly most movies have, however it's all done well. It starts with a mystery that unspools into another mystery. New players are introduced along the way. It's fast, it's a bit frantic and my wife and I along with the 50 or so others seemed to have a good time. Especially that one woman I had to tell to stop opening her phone and texting during the first 10 minutes. 

• Like 2

It's too bad that people just gave up on Robert Langdon. I admit this film was a bit too predictable but that didn't stop it from being fun for me. 

I would've liked to have seen Hanks do the The Lost Symbol but that is clearly not ever going to happen now. 

That book and the new Langdon novel that comes out this Fall are a place for a reboot with a new actor I suppose. 

We'll see if Langdon can do better than all the Jack Ryan recastings.