kayumanggi

INFERNO | 10.28.16 | Sony | final gross ● 34.34 M

24 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I can see a very similar performance to Angels & Demons, why not? OS should eat this up as usual.

40/120m dom

350m OS

because it has been almost 7 years since A&D, which was already 3 years after Da Vinci Code and none of them were particularly well liked, plus the fact the movies looks quite dreadful.

20-25m opening and 60-70m finish sounds about right. Maybe 180-210m os.

Edited by Goffe

11 minutes ago, Goffe said:

because it has been almost 7 years since A&D, which was already 3 years after Da Vinci Code and none of them were particularly well liked, plus the fact the movies looks quite dreadful.

A very valid point, but still, it seems to me like a movie that can overpeform OS. Call it a gut feeling I guess. We'll see.

13 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

A very valid point, but still, it seems to me like a movie that can overpeform OS. Call it a gut feeling I guess. We'll see.

This movie was likely made for more for OS rather than domestic, I do think $30-35m OW is doable, Hanks is on a roll after Sully although there is a fair bit of competition from The Accountant and Jack Reacher

• Like 1

On 9/19/2016 at 4:15 PM, Goffe said:

I liked Angels and Demons but I agree with the DOM and high end for OS.

42 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Angels & Demons had priests in parachutes right ?

It did. It went even more over the top than the book itself with the would-be pope slowly gliding down unconsciously towards a crowd of adorers ready to catch their savior. It was pure and unaltered awesomeness. :ohmygod:

I've been so wrapped up in other films that already came out and looking towards the end of the calendar that with few exceptions(M7,Jack Reacher 2) I was oblivious to this film. 

I just saw a TV spot during the premiere of Designated Survivor. 

I'm all in for some Robert Langdon!!!

This just became a *MUST* film for me!!

• Like 1

Disney Russia have posted a big zip of 9 clips on their site this morning - uploading them on my Twitter one by one:

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The book was one of the bigger ones in the last several years, Hanks is on a real comeback streak, and A&D was a huge 500m WW grosser despite most predicting gloom and doom for that at the time too. Yeah, I'm going with like 100/400 dom/ww for this. 

Exactly. Still thinking it does very similar numbers to Angels & Demons.