Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

I had the trailer in front of Terminator last night and besides these 4 kids that laughed at everything the whole night, it seemed to get a good reaction.

So, how was Terminator?  I'll go look for your thoughts 

• Like 1

Looks like it's getting some very favourable reaction too.

Yeah most people didn't seem too sure, but when they realized it was Creed especially when Stallone showed up, everyone seemed to pay attention then.  I even heard someone talk about once they saw the red, white and blue trunks, they were hooked

So, how was Terminator?  I'll go look for your thoughts 

I didn't do a full review just yet.  I'm at work so hopefully I have some more free time for full thought.  But overall, I liked it.  It was fun.  It's definitely has some more lighthearted moments than the others.  But I thought the humor worked.  There was one really out of place scene that was funny, but still kind of out there :P

overall, they setup of the beginning was good, I thought Arnold and Emilia were good.  The Jai guy was ok, but just didn't seem to fit exactly right.  I don't think he was awful, just kind of there.

Obviously I can't give away too much here, but I hope to do the in depth review later

Yes I know this isn't the Terminator thread, I was just replying to baumer's question :P

• Like 1

We have really similar taste in film and we both seem to be easily pleased.  So I'm pretty sure I will like the movie about as much as you.  I think it sounds like a 7/10 ranking from you.  If it ends up being a 7/10 for me, I'll be happy.

• Like 1

We have really similar taste in film and we both seem to be easily pleased.  So I'm pretty sure I will like the movie about as much as you.  I think it sounds like a 7/10 ranking from you.  If it ends up being a 7/10 for me, I'll be happy.

yeah I think a 7/10 is about right for now, like a B or B+ depending on how I feel.

hopefully you will just have fun with it.  but I am sure at the very least all the references to the other films will give you a grin

• Like 2

Yea, I'm pretty much guaranteed to like it.  An Arnold Terminator film is pretty much "affirmative" to my enjoyment.  I don't think there will be any dickwad moments and even if there is, no problemo.

:)

• Like 1

Am I the only one who doesn't give a single fuck? I need to see yhe Rocky movies.

Yes, you are the only one who doesn't give a single fuck.  Rocky is an American icon, every Rocky film, with the exception of 5 (which still opened really well) has done very well.  I expect this to do decent business as well.  Something like 80 here and maybe 60 overseas.  

• Like 1

Yes, you are the only one who doesn't give a single fuck.  Rocky is an American icon, every Rocky film, with the exception of 5 (which still opened really well) has done very well.  I expect this to do decent business as well.  Something like 80 here and maybe 60 overseas.  

if you are ever in my area, I would take you to some of the Rocky spots in the movie since obviously I am from Philly and live close by. and obviously, you have to run the Art Museum steps ;)

• Like 1

Yes, you are the only one who doesn't give a single fuck. Rocky is an American icon, every Rocky film, with the exception of 5 (which still opened really well) has done very well. I expect this to do decent business as well. Something like 80 here and maybe 60 overseas.

Rocky Balboa did 70M DOM and 85M OS. Anyway, I am gonna watch the movies during the Summer.

The highlight was the brief discussion of Apollo and Rocky's third fight.

I want to know what happened, but that was their business.

I think they are referring to the scene at the very end of Rocky III. You can see a painting of said "fight" hanging on the wall during their conversation, the same painting that's seen during the end credits of Rocky III.

Oh, and Creed > Southpaw.

• Like 1