Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

This trailer was shown before Terminator Genisys and got a bad reaction. Once they showed Rocky someone yelled NOOOO and then another person yelled Come on! When the trailer ended people boo it. Now it was probably only a few people and a small sample size. But I was surprised by this.

• Like 1

This trailer was shown before Terminator Genisys and got a bad reaction. Once they showed Rocky someone yelled NOOOO and then another person yelled Come on! When the trailer ended people boo it. Now it was probably only a few people and a small sample size. But I was surprised by this.

Some people just can't handle change. I think the Creed story and casting a young star like Jordan is a great way to revitalise the series. Still, like you said about those reported sample size reactions to Genisys, it doesn't always reflect the wider audiences feelings.

Edited by RaidensSword
  • Like 1

Some people just can't handle change. I think the Creed story and casting a young star like Jordan is a great way to revitalise the series. Still, like you said about those reported sample size reactions to Genisys, it doesn't always reflect the wider audiences feelings.

Yeah I don't think it's a big deal for the movie, since it's a small sample size. Nobody had a problem with the trailer until Rocky appeared. So I don't think it has anything to do with MBJ or the Creed character. I think some people were just turned off seeing Rocky again when Sly told everyone he was putting that character to rest 9 years ago. But again it was probably 5 or 6 people hating on it and many of the audiences could have liked the trailer. I was just surprised, because I've never seen that before a movie before.

Edited by gb0708

Yeah I don't think it's a big deal for the movie, since it's a small sample size. Nobody had a problem with the trailer until Rocky appeared. So I don't think it has anything to do with MBJ or the Creed character. I think some people were just turned off seeing Rocky again when Sly told everyone he was putting that character to rest 9 years ago. But again it was probably 5 or 6 people. I was just surprised, because I've never seen that before a movie before.

What did you think of the trailer?

What did you think of the trailer?

Personally I thought the trailer looked good/decent, but not great. That said I'm a big Rocky fan so I'll be there opening day or weekend. I just don't know how much I'm going to like a Rocky movie without Rocky boxing in it(like Rocky 5 without the street fight). While I question how much I'm going to care about this Adonis Creed character. Michael B. Jordan is a talent actor, but he's got big shoes to fill being the lead in this. After Sly and Carl Weathers made such iconic characters out of the Rocky/Apollo Creed. Which lead to a great friendship built on respect for each other.

Edited by gb0708
  • Like 3

When I first heard about this idea, it sounded kinda weird to me.  Rocky obviously can't keep fighting forever so this is a great way to pass the legacy on.  

The trailer is pretty electric.  When Creed says he heard about a third fight behind closed doors, it kinda gave me chills.  This looks like it's going to be pretty frikkin awesome.

• Like 1

I had the trailer in front of Terminator last night and besides these 4 kids that laughed at everything the whole night, it seemed to get a good reaction.

• Like 2