baumer

Wednesday #s RTH

baumer, we usually see relatively eye to eye.......but man, Chernobyl Diaries is probably in my bottom ten films ever. Easily the worst film of last year, IMO. But to each their own. 

Edited by Cmasterclay

And why is that scene special ?

The bat-wing creates a bat-symbol with a silhouette against the moon.

and it's done in such whimsical fun right as Batman releases the Joker's poison blimps and prepares to have a showdown with a Joker. All with Elfman's classic bat-theme blasting.

and the crowd went crazy for all this back in 1989.

I guess it's hard to imagine just looking at a gif with zero context.

:rofl:

Not only is it lazy, it's actually throwing away some obvious and natural suspense. Imagine an action scene where you have only, say, 40 minutes to infiltrate the area, find the bad guys, kill them, get whatever you wanted, and get out. It adds another layer on top of whatever action elements you build into the scene, so that even simply hiding (or being pinned down by gunfire) becomes exciting because of the countdown factor.

There is absolutely no suspense to any of the action scenes in this movie. McClane is basically Superman, and instead of being an ordinary guy stuck in an extraordinary situation McClane actually causes the big problem in this movie just by his presence in Russia (of course the ending tries to vindicate him).

I'm aware of that, I'll be happy with anything over $60m for this. But my crazy wild longshot of prediction goes for The Wolverine this year. I'm hoping that it'll become just a monster and break into $100m, or at least get close to that. 

Bub... .You damn skippy would love for 90-100+M for this film.. I predicted 85M :D.....IM with you IHowlett.... This one's got some very splendid BO potential domestic and especially oS.

• Like 1

Bub... .You damn skippy would love for 90-100+M for this film.. I predicted 85M :D.....IM with you IHowlett.... This one's got some very splendid BO potential domestic and especially oS.

At this point knowing it made $4m from the midnights, I'll be ecstatic if it makes anything over $60m. I just this to do good because it seems that it deserves to.