RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

I am pretty sure FOX doesn't agree with you :P

They can disagree all they want, proofs in the pudding. They gave us a fucking cloud for Galactus, tied SS's powers to his board and they haven't made a sequel or rebooted F4 in nearly 6 years so clearly they weren't happy with the performance of F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Marvel can use TA vs. Galactus or Doom or make a movie about SS. He's one of the best SH in Marvel universe. 

• Like 2

Green Lantern REALLY sucked. Killed the chances for the less popular DC characters to get their own movie. That's what I hated the most about it. :sadno:

After Justice League we will get Flash and Green Lantern.

Green Lantern REALLY sucked. Killed the chances for the less popular DC characters to get their own movie. That's what I hated the most about it. :sadno:

Yup, once GL proved to be such a disaster, it guaranteed another 5-6 years at least of only Batman/Superman from WB and DC.

And the executives at Warner Brothers really are to blame.

WB is incredibly paranoid and underconfident about every non-Batman/Superman DC properties. Even in their direct to video animated releases, where stakes and budgets are much lower than live action theatrical releases, just because their GL and WW related films didn't sell as much as their initial Batman and Superman movies, they stuck to only Batman/Superman, with the occasional Justice League movie.

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice 2m
Horror will have a new $100M hit. THE CONJURING fell just -47% in its 2nd slaying w/ $22.1M, $83M total.

Impressive strong hold for Conjuring. 120M+ definitely possible.  :D

WB is incredibly paranoid and underconfident about every non-Batman/Superman DC properties. Even in their direct to video animated releases, where stakes and budgets are much lower than live action theatrical releases, just because their GL and WW related films didn't sell as much as their initial Batman and Superman movies, they stuck to only Batman/Superman, with the occasional Justice League movie.

Yeah, it’s pretty pathetic.

It sucks to be a DC fan. Even back in the day Marvel’s character were getting better exposure in the animation department.

Regardless of quality, there have been multiple cartoons based off Spider-Man, The X-Men, Iron Man, The Hulk and Fantastic Four.

In comparison there have only been multiple cartoons based off Superman and Batman, when it comes to DC comics.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 2

Really I think animation is where DC has fared better

Slightly better, yes. 90's X-Men, Spider-Man, and 00's Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes were all right up there with DC animated classics. And the reason DC fared so well in animation was because of the team of Timm, Dini and Romano. I have always been saying that WB hire Paul Dini has a story/character advisor to David Goyer, if not outright replace him. Dini knows these characters inside and out just like how Whedon knows his Avengers. Goyer doesn't. And that is proving to be increasingly harmful for all WB/DC films.