RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

Is DOFP opening on Memorial Day weekend ... if so, then it will do 100 million + IMO over that 4 day.  However, no matter the opening (which I think will be much bigger due to the characters all coming back, plus J Lawrence being a bigger star) it's still not getting above 250, unless something crazy happens.

Transformers 4 will win the summer ... it's such a shitty summer. 

Edited by Adam

and X3 The Last Stand

I don't know, thats 7 years ago, I think its been long enough. I'm in college now, but I wasn't even in middle school when X3 came out, I doubt most people in my age range have it in mind. And it doesn't get reran on cable as much as Origins. And X3 didn't seem to hurt Origins - that hurt itself really.

Days of Future Past will probably be lucky to make 80 million on its opening weekend (and this is coming from a major X-Men fan).

Sentinels and the DOFP storyline will be a massive attraction for it. 100M OW is achievable but will need a strong push from FOX, marketing wise. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

I think the appeal will be more based on seeing the old cast back and then younger folk should be a bit more excited by seeing the First Class crew in it. And the scale will definitely be a lot bigger than the previous three X-Men films which will definitely help.

100 million 4 day should happen unless it's terrible.

• Like 1

Not really. That’s just fanboy stuff. Most of the general audience isn’t familiar with the DOFP storyline.

Most of the general audience isn't aware of 90% of the stuff that occurs in comic book movies ... the key is to make said shit look awesome in promos and trailers and they might just show up again.

As Carlos said, the real draw is the group + First Class all together.

Edited by Adam

Is DOFP opening on Memorial Day weekend ... if so, then it will do 100 million + IMO over that 4 day.  However, no matter the opening (which I think will be much bigger due to the characters all coming back, plus J Lawrence being a bigger star) it's still not getting above 250, unless something crazy happens. Transformers 4 will win the summer ... it's such a shitty summer.

See I'm not quite as bullish on T4. We could see a Shrek 4, OST, TASM situation

Most of the general audience isn't aware of 90% of the stuff that occurs in comic book movies ... the key is to make said shit look awesome in promos and trailers and they might just show up again.

I know. Most of the general audience wouldn’t show up to see DOFP because its based off a storyline from the comics, they’ll show up if it looks awesome.

That was the point I was trying to make when I replied to druv10’s post.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

See I'm not quite as bullish on T4. We could see a Shrek 4, OST, TASM situation

I certainly hope you are right ... I have no interest in watching Michael Bay continue to make Starscream a bitch. :lol:

Favorite Transformer and continually shit on ... even being defeated by a fucking boy.

Edited by Adam

I certainly hope you are right ... I have no interest in watching Michael Bay continue to make Starscream a bitch. :lol:

Favorite Transformer and continually shit on ... even being defeated by a fucking boy.

Gotta give way for Thug Murdering Optimus Prime. He absorbs all the murderous behavior and badassery unto himself for god knows what reason.

Edited by Carlos Danger

Not really. That’s just fanboy stuff. Most of the general audience isn’t familiar with the DOFP storyline.

With Sentinels, you'll have massive size and scale of battle. New & old cast members are an attraction. I think 100M is possible but anything more require massive marketing blitz by FOX and I'm not sure they're capable of that. 

Just came back from The Wolverine. Great film. The theater was nearly full! I liked the soundtrack as well.X2>X1>Wolverine Origins>The Wolverine>The Last Stand>First ClassMy Wolverine over X Men 1 club will hopefully be a success, but I am worried after seeig Rths range.

Edited by KingKong
  • Like 1

Just came back from The Wolverine. Great film. The theater was nearly gull! I liked the soundtrack as well.X2>X1>Wolverine Origins>The Wolverine>The Last Stand>First Class

Oh god, I don't know what to think

Edited by Carlos Danger
  • Like 3

With Sentinels, you'll have massive size and scale of battle. New & old cast members are an attraction. I think 100M is possible but anything more require massive marketing blitz by FOX and I'm not sure they're capable of that. 

True!

Oh god, I don't know what to think

I know ... I don't many who like either Last Stand or Origins Wolverine.

... and First Class LAST ... man, King Kong ... I'm surprised as I really liked that film.

X2, Wolverine, First Class, X-Men, Origins, Last Stand

X2 is the best. :)

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

I think there are enough X fanboys and fangirls to push the opening to 100m. Now what happens after that is a toss up.

Just came back from The Wolverine. Great film. The theater was nearly gull! I liked the soundtrack as well.X2>X1>Wolverine Origins>The Wolverine>The Last Stand>First Class

Wow, you're taste... Origins and TLS are up there with GL, B&R and SM3 in quality.  :blink: