RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

Most movies in general only have 25 minutes or so filmed in real IMAX. Including TDK. Rises is the lone exception, I hope he will be returning to select sequences, not what he did with Rises, because it was too jarring switching between IMAX and 35mm.

Well, let's be clear: most movies have 0 minutes filmed in real IMAX.

• Like 3

Actually Catching Fire was partly filmed in IMAX I think, with that in mind it's only reasonable that they would do more IMAX footage with each subsequent film. So Interstellar and MJ2 will be in a curious situation if each is filmed partly in real IMAX.

Considering MJ1 should be a significantly bigger movie (or so I assume), it seems like an easy decision for theaters.

After Earth tooks some of STID IMAX screens. That is just revolting

Shitty Summer scheduling.STID kept its REAL IMAX screen here in NYC till MoS.

Considering MJ1 should be a significantly bigger movie (or so I assume), it seems like an easy decision for theaters.

IMAX has an exclusivity deal with WB and Paramount. Not sure what this means but I'm sure it has something do with lengthy runs.Which is also going to help TF4 next year.
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

IMAX has an exclusivity deal with WB and Paramount. Not sure what this means but I'm sure it has something do with lengthy runs.Which is also going to help TF4 next year.

Yup.

LAS VEGAS – April 15, 2013 – IMAX Corporation (NYSE:IMAX; TSX:IMX) and Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA and VIAB), tonight announced an agreement to release five of Paramount Pictures’ upcoming films in the immersive IMAX format under an extension of the companies’ long-running partnership. The arrangement features some of Paramount’s most highly anticipated tentpole films, including Michael Bay’s Transformers 4 (June 2014) as well as its co-production of Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar (November 2014) and three titles that have yet to be announced.Continuing the legacy begun by IMAX trailblazer Christopher Nolan and his use of the 15 perf 65mm IMAX® cameras in The Dark Knight, Nolan and Michael Bay will once again capture material and key sequences of these 2014 releases using IMAX® cameras. These specific sequences, which will expand to fill more of the screen exclusively in IMAX, will deliver unprecedented crispness and clarity and a truly immersive experience for moviegoers.

Well I am back, LOL. Time for my intervention! :P anyway I wanted to ask...does Dreamworks produce the Transformer films and Paramount distributes them? Or is it a co production?

Dreamworks produced the first two, and I think it's Paramount going forward. I think.

There's no reason not to think that Interstellar and Big Hero Six can't share the market. Kids cartoons usually can coexist pretty easily with other movies.

I don't know, MU and DM2 seemed to hurt MOS plenty. It's true that they were follow-ups to well-loved properties, which Big Hero 6 is not, but MOS was Superman. I could see BH6 having the same effect on Interstellar, especially with the Marvel connection. I mean, the marketing blurb just writes itself. "If your kids liked the Avengers, they'll love Big Hero 6!"

• Like 1