RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

The Logan/Jean "love story" is such fucking bullshit. Nothing but mild flirtation and when he made a move, she fucking shot. him. down! Never even a contest. She was Scott's. Always was. And yet we've had two films of Wolverine pining about his "lost love" with dick attention to the real guy who lost Jean. Did these people even watch the first two X-Men films?!

There's audio on Youtube of Michael Dougherty (writer on X2) talking about what he and Dan Harris had planned for X3 and what they would've done differently. 

I keep telling people who hated The Last Stand to look it up because...well, we really missed out. Cyclops was going to be the lead. 

Edited by tonytr87

Yeah, Jean should be with Cyclops, but then the Cyclops character in X-Men movies is....Jean and Logan had good chemistry so I understand why they go for that, especially when Wolvie is the most popular.

Except it doesn't make a lick of sense. Re-watch X1 and X2. Yes, Cyclops doesn't get much screen time, but Singer and co. made it clear that the Jean/Logan thing was merely heavy flirtation. Jean chose Scott. So no, Ratner and Mangold weren't just following what was laid out for them. They fucked it up. 

• Like 1

Except it doesn't make a lick of sense. Re-watch X1 and X2. Yes, Cyclops doesn't get much screen time, but Singer and co. made it clear that the Jean/Logan thing was merely heavy flirtation. Jean chose Scott. So no, Ratner and Mangold weren't just following what was laid out for them. They fucked it up. 

Lol, they even made it explicitly clear when Logan admits as such at the end X2. But whatever.

Yeah, i liked and i'm happy about cyclops death! Its nothing with Ratner, he offed cyclops, but that's not the only way he ruined the movie, there are so many horrible mistakes in X3, for example - " I'm juggernaut! Bitch!"  :lol:

You sound like a ten year-old. 

There's audio on Youtube of Michael Dougherty (writer on X2) talking about what he and Dan Harris had planned for X3 and what they would've done differently. 

I keep telling people who hated The Last Stand to look it up because...well, we really missed out. Cyclops was going to be the lead. 

Well... what Dougherty said wasn't what was planned for X-Men 3. But the angle he himself was pushing. Harris and Bryan Singer had their own ideas of where to take it. He was referring to his ideas.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

Yeah, I know. I don't like how they went about that either, I'm also one of the supporters of Jean/Scott. But well, what can you do? We'll see, but I think they will continue the Logan/Jean angle in the X-franchise going forward  ^_^

Edited by Sam

You can't repeat that kind of business twice. $400M is locked, I'd say. Nothing past that.

Says whoo? James cameron proves you can.. He eclisped the unbreakable movie

by a movie with his very next one... LOTR did  it multiple times and kept increasing.

Im3 made almost double  what IM did at the boxoffice.

450M is a lock for Avengers domestically for it to increase it will need some really good story telling  and enough

new wow factors to generate big business again.

It could decrease, but if any film can make 600+M Domestic again and even more worldwide

its the Avengers , same applies to a great film done with Superman and Batman. :).

When Juggernaut 2015 surpasses Juggernaut 2009, that will be an extreme example that a well done

money can have no limits!! :)

Says whoo? James cameron proves you can.. He eclisped the unbreakable movie

by a movie with his very next one... LOTR did  it multiple times and kept increasing.

Im3 made almost double  what IM did at the boxoffice.

450M is a lock for Avengers domestically for it to increase it will need some really good story telling  and enough

new wow factors to generate big business again.

It could decrease, but if any film can make 600+M Domestic again and even more worldwide

its the Avengers , same applies to a great film done with Superman and Batman. :).

When Juggernaut 2015 surpasses Juggernaut 2009, that will be an extreme example that a well done

money can have no limits!! :)

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Couldn't be more obvious by your posts.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

Saw Wolverine earlier today, didn't like it. My confidence in FOX delivering a good DOFP movie is in the toilet. D-/D is my grade just a bit better than Origins but not a heck of a lot. Severely disappointed in it.  :sadno:

Saw Wolverine earlier today, didn't like it. My confidence in FOX delivering a good DOFP movie is in the toilet. D-/D is my grade just a bit better than Origins but not a heck of a lot. Severely disappointed in it.  :sadno:

Don't believe in the studio. Believe in Singer!

A man capable of delivering X2 can bring something special. Pay no attention to Superman Returns.

Aw, you didn't like it  :unsure: But how about the mid-credit scene, that's got to excite you somewhat?

Don't believe in the studio. Believe in Singer!

A man capable of delivering X2 can bring something special. Pay no attention to Superman Returns.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Well... what Dougherty said wasn't what was planned for X-Men 3. But the angle he himself was pushing. Harris and Bryan Singer had their own ideas of where to take it. He was referring to his ideas.

They were mostly his ideas, but he, Harris, or Singer never said they weren't going to be incorporated. 

Edited by tonytr87