Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

Those films fall into the category of "Too Big to Fail". Plus they're not as reliant on the domestic dollar as this film is.

But what if the hacker doesn't want any of those films to be seeing worldwide. So those movies are worth the risk since the studio than all the sudden cares about money. 

• Like 1

But what if the hacker doesn't want any of those films to be seeing worldwide. So those movies are worth the risk since the studio than all the sudden cares about money. 

It's also pretty much guaranteed money, whereas there was still some doubt about how this movie would be received. It'd be very difficult to take a hacker who doesn't want people to see The Avengers seriously.

• Like 1

The hackers got the US government involved with these threats in a very public manner. By making such a vocal and exact threat they became a huge target. They will be caught by the end of the year likely by the 25th.

As for the hacking of Sony... they have awful security. They were already hacked and had the word document containing users credit card information compromised. What i am saying is almost any hacker could hack Sony.

I think they're doing the safe route. What if something terrible DID happen? What then?

Crazy people with empty threats ruin everything. I'd cough up the nervousness of theaters to the fact we live in a post-Aurora society. They would've been perfectly fine showing the film otherwise.

• Like 2

Crazy people with empty threats ruin everything. I'd cough up the nervousness of theaters to the fact we live in a post-Aurora society. They would've been perfectly fine showing the film otherwise.

Yeah but what if it's not empty? 

• Like 1

I think a number of International events have merged together to create this situation. Sydney hostage incident, terrorists shooting over 100 school kids in Pakistan and now threats against theaters have people spooked. There is no connection obviously but no one wants to see violence at a theater on the Christmas day. Deadline quoted an anonymous movie executive as saying that Sony should pull the movie so it doesn't look like they are getting a lot of support from inside the industry either. This is just a fucked up situation for a studio to be in. They can't win this.

Then we would hunt down the ones responsible for it. We pride ourselves on not giving into fear.

We'll let them track down the hackers and hopefully they (and their tragic writing) will be put away when they're found. In the meantime, we will not live in fear.

By that point though, lives would be lost. I'd rather a movie get pulled then have the potential of people dying.

By that point though, lives would be lost. I'd rather a movie get pulled then have the potential of people dying.

So, since 17 people were murdered in a random shooting at a movie theater, we shouldn't have movie theaters?

People die every day through many different circumstances. One movie isn't going to change that. And if we stood strong in the wake of this threat, we'd have pretty much the rest of the world on our side should something horrible happen.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 3

No place is actually safe. Not the movie theater, not the mall, not even the grocery store, etc. Does that mean you stop doing the things you love? Absolutely not.

Plus, the hackers probably don't have much to harm us with beyond their poor word choices and sentence structuring (even though I'm 100% positive from reading the message they were faking their poor grasp on the English language. We see you, Sony hackers!).

So, since 17 people were murdered in a random shooting at a movie theater, we shouldn't have movie theaters?

People die every day through many different circumstances. One movie isn't going to change that. And if we stood strong in the wake of this threat, we'd have pretty much the rest of the world on our side should something horrible happen.

No place is actually safe. Not the movie theater, not the mall, not even the grocery store, etc. Does that mean you stop doing the things you love? Absolutely not.

Plus, the hackers probably don't have much to harm us with beyond their poor word choices and sentence structuring (even though I'm 100% positive from reading the message they were faking their poor grasp on the English language. We see you, Sony hackers!).

If there's a threat made then it's better to be cautious then to chance it. But that's just me.