Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013: THE RESULTS (final list in OP)

hooray at SPR's drop! :D

citizen kane is very good, but admittedly it is a bit overrated.

all that i have seen (position on my top 100)

65. citizen kane B #86
67. saving private ryan C
71. toy story 2 C+
73. finding nemo B #95
76. no country for old men A+ #10
77. pirates of the caribbean: curse of the black pearl B-
78. aladdin B-
80. the dark knight rises B-
84. harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 B #96
92. once upon a time in the west B-
93. the big lebowski A #16
94. blade runner D-
95. full metal jacket B #79
99. all quiet on the western front A #18

Drops, drops, and more drops!

63. The Wizard of Oz

LYR: 39

Victor Fleming, 1939

Nominated for 6 Oscars, won 2

46 points

"I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!"

Synopsis: Dorothy Gale is swept away to a magical land in a tornado and embarks on a quest to see the Wizard who can help her return home.

Trivia: Is actually a remake of a failed 1925 silent film.

62. Ratatouille

LYR: 51

Brad Bird, 2007

Nominated for 5 Oscars, won 1

47 points

"This is me. I think it's apparent that I need to rethink my life a little bit. What's my problem? First of all, I'm a rat. Which means, life is hard. Second, I have a highly developed sense of taste and smell."

Synopsis: With dreams of becoming a chef, a culinary genius in the form of a rat, makes an unusual alliance with a young kitchen worker at a famed restaurant.

Trivia: Pet rats were kept at the studio in the hallway for more than a year so that the animators could study the movement of their fur, noses, ears, paws and tails.

Batman Begins

LYR: 44

Christopher Nolan, 2005

Nominated for 1 Oscar

48 points

"Men fear most what they cannot see."

Synopsis: After training with his mentor, Batman begins his war on crime to free the crime-ridden Gotham City from corruption that the Scarecrow and the League of Shadows have cast upon it.

Trivia: Viggo Mortensen turned down Liam Neeson's role. Daniel Day-Lewis was also approached.

• Like 1

ratatouille very good, batman begins good, wizard of oz average. only the first conceivably belongs on a top list, and even then not really (though batman begins has managed to sneak onto the bottom of my premature ranking). i'm really wondering what's going to be on top...maybe kubrick increases? ^_^

all that i have seen (position on my top 100)

61. batman begins B #98
62. ratatouille B+ #73
63. the wizard of oz C
64. citizen kane B #86
67. saving private ryan C
71. toy story 2 C+
73. finding nemo B #95
76. no country for old men A+ #10
77. pirates of the caribbean: curse of the black pearl B-
78. aladdin B-
80. the dark knight rises B-
84. harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 B #96
92. once upon a time in the west B-
93. the big lebowski A #16
94. blade runner D-
95. full metal jacket B #79
99. all quiet on the western front A #18

Edited by lisa

I'm surprised I have not disliked any of the movies on the list thus far. Still Star Trek is like a 6/10

Liked, but nowhere near top 100: 

Life of Pi Full Metal Jacket The Big LebowskiIndiana Jones and the Last Crusade The Usual SuspectsStar Trek (probably not even top 1000) Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black PearlHalloween Beauty and the Beast Citizen KaneSaving Private RyanThe Wizard of OzJust outside top 100: Planet of the Apes The Terminator North by Northwest The Dark Knight Rises AladdinSe7enFinding NemoBatman BeginsIn top 100: Almost Famous Blade Runner Do the Right Thing Kill Bill Vol. 1Toy Story 2Inglorious Basterds L.A. Confidential RatatouilleIn top 50: Requiem For a Dream (#46)Sunset Blvd. (#21)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 (#23) Children of Men (#16)Trainspotting (#5) No Country for Old Men (#45) The Silence of the Lambs (#48)Haven't seen: All Quiet on the Western Front Once Upon a time in the West Heat 

Network

60. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

LYR: 46

Michel Gondry, 2004

Nominated for 2 Oscars, won 1

48 points

"Meet me in Montauk."

Synopsis: A couple undergo a procedure to erase each other from their memories when their relationship turns sour, but it is only through the process of loss that they discover what they had to begin with.

Trivia: The title is quoted from the poem "Eloisa to Abelard" by Alexander Pope (1688-1744). This poem was used in Charlie Kaufman's earlier project Being John Malkovich

59. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

LYR: 71
Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones, 1975

49 points

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

Synopsis: King Arthur and his knights embark on a low-budget search for the Grail, encountering many very silly obstacles.

Trivia: The gorilla hand turning the pages was director Terry Gilliam's. The hand turning pages before that is that of Gilliam's wife. 

58. Cidade de Deus (City of God)

LYR: 81
Fernando Meirelles, 2002

Nominated for 4 Oscars
50 points

"You need more than guts to be a good gangster. You need ideas."

Synopsis: Two boys growing up in a violent neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro take different paths: one becomes a photographer, the other a drug dealer.

Trivia: The film was not actually shot in Cidade de Deus slum as it was too dangerous. It was shot in a neighbouring, less dangerous area.

Edited by CJohn

I think the new scoring system is having an effect on the outcome of the list. Because, for example,  everyone's films numbered 61, 65, and 69 all get the same score, so this list is weighed more top heavy to our votes. Someone voting a movie number 96 did no more damage than if they voted the movie number 88.