A Marvel Fanboy

Dredd (September 21, 2012)

How many times before it gets through your thick skull, really?

I am not writing about critics opinion. I don't care even 0.00000000000000000000001% about critical reception. Is that clear enough for you now?

This is a box office forum. I am talking in dollar earned. Dredd is an embarrassment.

How many times before it gets through your thick skull, really?

I am not writing about critics opinion. I don't care even 0.00000000000000000000001% about critical reception. Is that clear enough for you now?

This is a box office forum. I am talking in dollar earned. Dredd is an embarrassment.

He said nothing about critics or critical reception.

Films only lose theaters because business is not good. WOM is non-existant. I'm sorry, but "losing a lot of theaters" is not a reason. Dredd added 51 theaters in week 2 and it dropped 62.3%.

It's not like the 95 film was an example of stellar WOM. For the time, its legs were absolute rubbish. It's just lucky it had Stallone, otherwise it would've made even less especially OS.

Judge Dredd was a total box office failure and so was Dredd 3D. Both lost a ton of money. What's the discussion here?

Judge Dredd didn't lose money. After VHS and Laserdisc rentals and sales, it earned a profit.

And, I don't know what the discussion is here. I'm merely pointing out the obvious that Judge Dredd made more than Dredd 3D and people don't like to read that because they feel that I am trying to skew opinion in favour of Judge Dredd, which I'm not. So they keep posting about why Dredd 3D performed badly yadda yadda yadda. It gets tedious.

Return on Investment (simple):

Judge Dredd: $90m (budget) - ($34.7m + $39.4m) = $15.9m loss

Dredd: $50m (budget) - ($13.22m + $5.0m) = $31.78m loss

I was certain that the studios only got to keep, on average, half of the foreign gross. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

So let's just change those numbers...

Judge Dredd didn't lose money. After VHS and Laserdisc rentals and sales, it earned a profit.

And, I don't know what the discussion is here. I'm merely pointing out the obvious that Judge Dredd made more than Dredd 3D and people don't like to read that because they feel that I am trying to skew opinion in favour of Judge Dredd, which I'm not. So they keep posting about why Dredd 3D performed badly yadda yadda yadda. It gets tedious.

Then what are you trying to accomplish? We know Judge Dredd made more than Dredd 3D. Enough already. Unless your motive is to stir up some shit...? In which case, I'm happy to oblige, but you won't like how it goes for you. Edited by YoursTruly