A Marvel Fanboy

Dredd (September 21, 2012)

YoursTruly, why are you even on here if you think that money doesn't matter? This is a box office site, man. If you think that a movie gets released solely for critical acclaim then you are so, so, so wrong. It gets released primarily for financial reasons, and secondly for critical praise. If it can have both, then great, but moeny is more important to the people that had the film made; the producers. Because it allowed them to make more movies.

Box office analysis is fun, but it's not my favorite aspect of the film industry. Why am I here? I'm here because the people in this forum are passionate about movies. As for the economics of production, the end result is that some productions succeed and others fail, but the wheel never stops turning. I don't really care about wins or losses as long as the supply remains. I do feel some disappointment when talent goes unrewarded, but even if a player I enjoy gets bounced from the game, there's always another waiting to fill the vacuum.
  • Like 1

No opinions, including mine, are valid in determining which movie is more successful out of Dredd and Judge Dredd. Only facts are valid, and that is all I have presented here.

Opinions = Reviews

Facts = Box Office

We understand that as a fact JD was more successful than Dredd, you have drilled this into our skulls so god damn much, but what is wrong with us expressing that we prefer Dredd as a film?

We understand that as a fact JD was more successful than Dredd, you have drilled this into our skulls so god damn much, but what is wrong with us expressing that we prefer Dredd as a film?

As Algren would say again and again, "this is a box office thread, der."Let's express this opinion. Dredd deserved to make more than Judge Dredd. That's a box office related statement. Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2