A Marvel Fanboy

Dredd (September 21, 2012)

Then what are you trying to accomplish? We know Judge Dredd made more than Dredd 3D. Enough already. Unless your motive is to stir up some shit...? In which case, I'm happy to oblige, but you won't like how it goes for you.

The fact that me mentioning that one movie performed better than another is able to "stir up shit" is a remarkable indictment of all of your stupidity.

The fact that me mentioning that one movie performed better than another is able to "stir up shit" is a remarkable indictment of all of your stupidity.

Oh, is this the part where you pretend you were just "stating the facts" (repeatedly, for no good reason) and had no agenda whatsoever?

Of course I had an agenda; it was to show that this new Dredd made no where near as much money as Judge Dredd. The latter being much more successful, and that making a new movie of this character was utterly pointless. Also to showcase the extent of Dredd's failure that, domestically, it could not even reach half of what the predecessor made 17 years ago, so even with the helping hand of inflation, it embarrassingly failed.

Edited by Barney Ross

Of course I had an agenda; it was to show that this new Dredd made no where near as much money as Judge Dredd. The latter being much more successful, and that making a new movie of this character was utterly pointless. Also to showcase the extent of Dredd's failure that, domestically, it could not even reach half of what the predecessor made 17 years ago, so even with the helping hand of inflation, it embarrassingly failed.

Your agenda is to show just how superior the Stallone version is in terms of the box office. Because Stallone was in it.

I can't see you arguing your point this strongly, or at all, if Stallone wasn't in the original.

Your agenda is to show just how superior the Stallone version is in terms of the box office. Because Stallone was in it. I can't see you arguing your point this strongly, or at all, if Stallone wasn't in the original.

You have a problem with the English language. What you just posted is not my agenda at all. It is my motivation. My agenda was posted a few posts back.

You have a problem with the English language. What you just posted is not my agenda at all. It is my motivation. My agenda was posted a few posts back.

His English is fine. Frankly, it was more of his opinion of what your real agenda is than what you claim it is. He thinks it's more about you showing how superior the Stallone version is in terms of box office than showing the failure of the new version. How do you expect us to take your word for it when it's pretty clear you have a Stallone bias?

:unsure: It's not a bias, though. It's true, the Stallone version WAS superior at the box office.

And you're essentially pointing the finger and laughing at those who wanted the new version to do better. And you do have a bias. How can you take a username like Barney Ross and a profile pic like that and expect us not to think you have a bias toward Stallone?

Maybe one day it will.

Quality means a lot more to me because those involved in a critically successful movie will have more opportunities than those involved in really bad movies. Unless of course, said terrible movie makes hundreds of millions of dollars(Michael Bay).

Rian Johnson's first two features grossed a combined $9.4 million worldwide(looks like DREDD out-grossed something!) They were critically successful, and therefore he is given more opportunites.

Danny Cannon's film career ended after I STILL KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER.

Maybe one day it will.

I agree. Audiences had every right to stay away from this movie after the toxic Stallone version and the bad marketing.Atleast now studio heads know the character has a very good version out there now and may be more optimistic about making more of them at some point once the film has a good life on TV/BR/DVD. It may or may not happen, who knows. Edited by Shpongle

Yes, except for that. But that matters little if you can't turn it into money,

Wrong. Quality is the only thing that matters. Quality is the only thing that will be remembered, hence the role of the Stallone version as punchline to various jokes.Dredd 3D was never going to receive a sequel, even if it performed well for the genre. Hence, it lost nothing by bombing. It got filmed, it got released, and now it gets to accumulate new fans over time.
  • Like 1

YoursTruly, why are you even on here if you think that money doesn't matter? This is a box office site, man. If you think that a movie gets released solely for critical acclaim then you are so, so, so wrong. It gets released primarily for financial reasons, and secondly for critical praise. If it can have both, then great, but moeny is more important to the people that had the film made; the producers. Because it allowed them to make more movies.