Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

25 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

That might be the most absurs thing said here in this chat in past few days, and we have had some people saying Hrithik is better than SRK.

Are we talking about Box office of India - and it's about SRK? Then, Yeah I stick with my comment. 

Year 2019 - 10,948 Crores Box Office #India(Highest Ever Recorded) & Year 2022 - 10,121 Crores #India (It's 2nd Best). This year had 10 films that crossed 200 Cr+

There is Major demographic difference between who watches Kantara/KGF/TKF and the people who watch Avatar 2. All sort of people went to cinema - those who never go watch movie/to those who are regular/those that only watch western movies - almost everyone had it. And no, I am not speaking outta my ass -because Nowadays India is going through revolutionary phase - where  phone numbers get registered at INOX/PVR & even tiny shops - simply because they bought just the popcorn & they start sending 'Sale Messages'. You simply need to find the Data. Internet has everything. This year saw an increase in unique Customer on a similar to level of 2019. 

Yes, Small/Indie films may not see the light of day but THIS PRE-POST pandemic Jumla certainly doesn't apply  to the movies of Superstars.  I consider SRK a biggest superstar in India, do you?

Ofcourse, Bollywood is going through it's own problem of not finding Audience but that's different issue and has multiple causes.

Edited by Shanks

38 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Are we talking about Box office of India - and it's about SRK? Then, Yeah I stick with my comment. 

Year 2019 - 10,948 Crores Box Office #India(Highest Ever Recorded) & Year 2022 - 10,121 Crores #India (It's 2nd Best). This year had 10 films that crossed 200 Cr+

There is Major demographic difference between who watches Kantara/KGF/TKF and the people who watch Avatar 2. All sort of people went to cinema - those who never go watch movie/to those who are regular/those that only watch western movies - almost everyone had it. And no, I am not speaking outta my ass -because Nowadays India is going through revolutionary phase - where  phone numbers get registered at INOX/PVR & even tiny shops - simply because they bought just the popcorn & they start sending 'Sale Messages'. You simply need to find the Data. Internet has everything. This year saw an increase in unique Customer on a similar to level of 2019. 

Yes, Small/Indie films may not see the light of day but THIS PRE-POST pandemic Jumla certainly doesn't apply  to the movies of Superstars.  I consider SRK a biggest superstar in India, do you?

Ofcourse, Bollywood is going through it's own problem of not finding Audience but that's different issue and has multiple causes.

Except the fact that movies that are thriving in Bollywood has just gone to ashes.

And when I said about Pre Pandemic and Post Pandemic then i meant mainly Bollywood audience, post pandemic, movies haven't been able to find audience, double digit have been a struggle for A Listers when a movie like Super 30, Chichore, Dream Girl, Gully Boy were doing 135-150. Nowadays such movies have totally stopped talking an initial.

Ajay, Akshay, Ranbir, Hrithik have struggled for 10 crs opening, only 3 minutes have crossed 15 crs opening day and 1 of them was biggest holiday of year.

15 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

If only having the craziest fans translated to box office sales. SRK's last true blockbuster was a decade ago. Hrithik, Salman and Amir had delivered so many since then lol.

Well they've certainly translated to opening day sales more than opening day of Hrithik and Aamir's last movies.

And we are 4 days away from release.

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

If only having the craziest fans translated to box office sales. SRK's last true blockbuster was a decade ago. Hrithik, Salman and Amir had delivered so many since then lol.

Even Hrithik also got 1 Blockbuster since from 2013 i.e, WAR which is more of a Multistarrer.

During its Release time, Tiger Shroff delivered biggest blockbuster of his career.

23 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Avatar: The Way Of Water has become the biggest Hollywood film in India surpassing Avengers: Endgame which was ₹367 Cr. NBOC & ₹438 Cr. GBOC! Total of AVATAR 2 collection - ₹368 Cr. NBOC & ₹475 Cr. GBOC!

25 left till 500

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Hrithik, Salman and Amir had delivered so many since then lol.

Salman and Aamir, fine. 

Salman had Bajrangi, PRDP, Sultan and TZH since HNY in 2014

Aamir had PK and Dangal.

But HR only had a War over 20M admits. Other than that, he had a huge Disaster Mohenjo Daro and 2 Flops Vikram Vedha & Kaabil.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Avatar: The Way Of Water has become the biggest Hollywood film in India surpassing Avengers: Endgame which was ₹367 Cr. NBOC & ₹438 Cr. GBOC! Total of AVATAR 2 collection - ₹368 Cr. NBOC & ₹475 Cr. GBOC!

In my numbers, I will be taking ~₹455cr Gross for Avatar 2.

6 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Which are the many blockbusters Hrithik has delivered since 2013?

Any A lister Bollywood star worth his salt in an action heavy movie with some catchy music produced by a top studio like YRF will break records.

Pathaan breaking records and doing well is nothing new. It is expected.

And honestly even SRK knows this. They have been hyping this as part of the spy universe for a long time now what with tiger showing up and speculations of hrithik from war joining too. All that has created unprecedented buzz and hype for it.

It helps that Siddharth can stage decent looking action scenes that look cool and international quality to some degree. Very few in Bollywood can do that. 

Edited by marveldcfox

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

IMAX has 22 screens in India, they give like ₹50 lks more than normal screen would have. Not really a factor.

The world has 1700+ IMAX theaters yet big movies make a decent chunk of money on that format due to the high ticket price.

Is Pathan releasing in IMAX only in India or overseas as well? I was assuming it is getting worldwide IMAX release.