Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

I am totally confused by now. I include indian grosses in my weekly box office reports.  I used boxofficeindia numbers before but now discrepancy is really huge.

http://boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=6228&nCat= 157.25 crore

http://www.boxofficecapsule.com/collection/2nd-Week-Monday-11th-Day-Box-Office-Collection-Of-KRRISH-3-1913 211.7 crore 

Any suggestion here?

I am totally confused by now. I include indian grosses in my weekly box office reports.  I used boxofficeindia numbers before but now discrepancy is really huge.

http://boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=6228&nCat= 157.25 crore

http://www.boxofficecapsule.com/collection/2nd-Week-Monday-11th-Day-Box-Office-Collection-Of-KRRISH-3-1913 211.7 crore 

Any suggestion here?

IMO 'Boxoffice Capsule' is a paid site. (Paid by Studios or filmmakers)  But BoxofficeIndia isn't. So its reliable and fair!

Edited by Batman

Its not only that site. Actually the team of Krrish 3 itself through their official twitter page announced that Krrish 3 has grossed 206 crore in 10 days.

But you should read something boxofficeindia.com:

Q. Why are makers over reporting collections so much now?

A. Mainly so that it looks they beat previous records and set higher ones which are harder to beat but the next guy will just inflate a little more to set higher records. Its all for perception.

It's very true. 3 Idiots had a truly historic run with practically every show being sold out for first couple of weeks and even over a month in some places. It finished with 200 crore. There is no way Krrish 3 crossed that amount in just 10 days, even if you account for higher ticket prices. But since there is no transparent system of reporting in place, they are getting away with it.

Its not only that site. Actually the team of Krrish 3 itself through their official twitter page announced that Krrish 3 has grossed 206 crore in 10 days.

But you should read something boxofficeindia.com:

Q. Why are makers over reporting collections so much now?

A. Mainly so that it looks they beat previous records and set higher ones which are harder to beat but the next guy will just inflate a little more to set higher records. Its all for perception.

It's very true. 3 Idiots had a truly historic run with practically every show being sold out for first couple of weeks and even over a month in some places. It finished with 200 crore. There is no way Krrish 3 crossed that amount in just 10 days, even if you account for higher ticket prices. But since there is no transparent system of reporting in place, they are getting away with it.

But what about the number of screens? 3 Idiots released in around 1500 screens and K3 is released in 4000+ screens?

juni78ukr: I would not take boxofficeindia.com as the best site. They are just as bad or good as some of these other sites. Boxofficeindia.co.in is another site which compiles theater and multiplex collection data. I would take Boxofficeindia.co.in over Boxofficeindia.com since their data is more comprehensive.

Finally no matter what because of bias (producer/distributors.exhibitors and journos), it is hard to get accurate boxoffice collection data for an Indian movie produced by an Indian production house.

Except Boxofficeindia.com, every single tracking outfit in India  has put Krrish 3 well over Rs. 200 Crores (obviously including Telugu and Tamil version grosses). Hrithik Roshan himself confirmed the Rs. 206 Cr in 10 days number. I would take that over some biased boxoffice site even to this day does not include other language version grosses to the total. Total losers. 

BTW Boxofficeindia.com was reporting fantastic start for Ram Leela in Gujarat on Friday. I was at Cinepolis in Ahmedabad for the 12:45 PM showing of Insidious Ch 2. All shows of Ram Leela for the day had been cancelled. There was lines for people to change their tickets to Saturday. Most places in Gujarat did not show the movie. Only a handful of places showed the movie on Friday with police protection. So I can personally state that Boxofficeindia.com's Friday report on Ram Leela in Gujarat was a complete lie. BTW there is an article about the cancelled shows and the movie shown with police protection in TheTimes of India (Ahm).

Edited by jb007