Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

"Krrish 3" is gathering some horrid reviews. Only Taran Adarsh has given it 4.5 stars, all other early reviews are 3 stars at the most. We will have to wait till tomorrow for the critical consensus.

I think Krrish 3 will have a good opening day of 23-28Crore, but day 2 will fall a lot since it is the Pooja day. Post that, word of mouth will decide the movie's fate.

Edited by grim22

Krrish 3 is looking at an opening day of around 20 crore.

Reviews are mixed. 200 crore will be a struggle.

Tommorrow's drop will be the key.

Happy Diwali to all BTW!!

Edited by Fake

Krissh 3 Finds It Tough Against Pre-Diwali Phase

Friday 1st November 2013 19.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Krrish 3 is finding it tough to stand up against the Pre-Diwali phase. The film started on strongly enough in the morning and the opening was fantastic at most places but not across the board.

Then from noon the film slowed from its fast start especially at the multiplexes. This is normal occurrence on a non holiday for films which have wide release and open strongly as when the pace is strong in the morning it is not sustained throughout the day while on holidays the pace is sustained through the day.

Krrish 3 has another force against it which is the Pre-Diwali period and that too a release so close to Diwali when a big chunk of the audience stays away from theatres.

A pre-Diwali period release does not hurt much when you are looking for mid-range numbers but big numbers are very tough as there is a limited audience out there. Krrish 3 (Hindi) may struggle to get the highest non holiday opening day (19.50 crore nett approx) which was a realistic possibility before release. If it does get there with a bit of help from evening shows it will be by a very small margin. There is a dubbed Tamil and Telugu version of the film which is showing on around 350 screens adding to the 3700 screens in Hindi.

Krrish 3 Weekend Hit By Pre-Diwali Period

Monday 3rd November 2013 11.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

The Krrish 3 weekend was hit by the Pre-Diwali dull period. The film grossed 34 crore nett in its first two days and Sunday will be down a bit as Diwali Puja hit business in North and Central markets by around 15-20% though Mumbai and South are better. The Sunday collections will be in the 14-15 crore nett region which gives the film a weekend of around 48-49 crore nett for its Hindi version. The Tamil and Telugu version grossed another 4.50 crore nett approx.

This is the first time that a big film like this has been released Pre-Diwali so there is nothing really to compare with so it will be the Monday and Tuesday business that will actually tell how good this weekend actually is or actually is it good?

The next two days will decide whether this near 50 crore nett number is huge or the film lost momentum with a pre-Diwali release despite the pre-release hype.

It is 19 for the Hindi version, and 25 including all language versions. It is pretty similar to Ra.One with multiple language versions being released, but only Hindi is counted for record purposes.

I think it is more of a case of 'gross' collection vs 'nett' collection. It is very likely that the 25 crore reported officially is the gross collection and 19 crore reported by boxofficeindia.com is the nett collection after deducting the taxes (taxes vary from state to state but average ~25%). Nett collection is what boxofficeindia reports and gross collection is what official soirces generally report, so it fits.

For the weekend, official sources say 72.7 crore, which again should be the gross collection. Nett collections should be around 54 crore which is what boxofficeindia is reporting (49.25 crore Hindi + 4.5 crore Tamil & Telegu).

Most of the figures we discuss in this thread are nett collections. The current record holder is Chennai Express with ~210 crore nett (~285 crore gross).

I think it is more of a case of 'gross' collection vs 'nett' collection. It is very likely that the 25 crore reported officially is the gross collection and 19 crore reported by boxofficeindia.com is the nett collection after deducting the taxes (taxes vary from state to state but average ~25%). Nett collection is what boxofficeindia reports and gross collection is what official soirces generally report, so it fits.For the weekend, official sources say 72.7 crore, which again should be the gross collection. Nett collections should be around 54 crore which is what boxofficeindia is reporting (49.25 crore Hindi + 4.5 crore Tamil & Telegu).Most of the figures we discuss in this thread are nett collections. The current record holder is Chennai Express with ~210 crore nett (~285 crore gross).

So basically the different sites are going easy on Krrish 3 by quoting the gross figures?

So basically the different sites are going easy on Krrish 3 by quoting the gross figures?

Most sites just report the most authentic number available. If there is an official figure they report that, otherwise they quote the so called anaylists like Taran Adarsh, who, it seems to me, just pull the numbers out of their asses. They can't differentiate between the two formats of record-keeping, because they probably don't know about it.

Boxofficeindia.com has a more accurate, reliable and most importantly consistent system of reporting. I have tried to verify their numbers a couple of times by contacting distributors myself and they were mostly accurate. So I just use their numbers. Saves me a lot of confusion. For example, by reading about 72.7 crore figure you would think that Krrish 3 has by now grossed one-third of Chennai Express but in reality it is just one-fourth.

I think it is more of a case of 'gross' collection vs 'nett' collection. It is very likely that the 25 crore reported officially is the gross collection and 19 crore reported by boxofficeindia.com is the nett collection after deducting the taxes (taxes vary from state to state but average ~25%). Nett collection is what boxofficeindia reports and gross collection is what official soirces generally report, so it fits.

For the weekend, official sources say 72.7 crore, which again should be the gross collection. Nett collections should be around 54 crore which is what boxofficeindia is reporting (49.25 crore Hindi + 4.5 crore Tamil & Telegu).

Most of the figures we discuss in this thread are nett collections. The current record holder is Chennai Express with ~210 crore nett (~285 crore gross).

:newhere:

Hello Fake! Does the ~210 Crore net collection of Chennai Express includes Overseas Boxoffice too? Or is it only Domestic Boxoffice? And Btw, Could K3 reach at least 200 Crore mark in nett collections?

I have read somewhere that 3 Idiots grossed 80 mln+  without USA and Canada. So I thought its overseas gross should be much higher.

3 Idiots was a monster in India, it didn't do that well in the US. It got a China release and a Japan release so it did do really well. It grossed almost 260 Crore in India when the exchange rate was low i.e. approx 65M$ from India alone.