Jack Nevada

Angelina Jolie, Steve Martin and Angela Lansbury to get Honorary Oscars

Seems early for Jolie but still a nice honor. Love Steve Martin. And Angela Lansbury gave a great performance in the Manchurian Candidate, but she was part of one of my favorite childhood movies Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Far too early for Jolie. What has she done to deserve it? Nothing really.

Blah. Blah. Blah. It's a fucking humanitarian award and it should be given to a big humanitarian. The fact that they do give it and people think they give it to old people who need to be atoned of their greivances is already a fucking insult to the award. The Honorary awards are for clearing the debt; the hersholt is for awarding humanitarianism. I mean who else were they gonna give the humanitarian award to? Jolie is probably the biggest humanitarian around and they weren't gonna give it to Penn because he's too political or Farrow just because the Academy despises her. She was gonna get it sooner or later and it is a little earlier than I thought but it is still an absolutely deserved award. I imagine she'll finally win a Thalberg and a Honorary in maybe another 40 years. Those are for the old people. This is for a totally different purpose, get it right. 

• Like 3

Yep. Jolie deserves it. She's been traveling to warzones for the UN for already close to 15 years. Like Rich said this isn't for acting or lifetime career achievement.

Awesome for Angela Lansbury too. Mostly because she reminds me of my grandmother. I used to think she WAS my grandmother (Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Murder She Wrote).

Ill be really interested to watch the Oscars now. I think Jolie is a saint. Shes one of the few rich people who at least publicly, does what she thinks is right. Good for her. I admire her for walking the walk

• Like 2

Ill be really interested to watch the Oscars now. I think Jolie is a saint. Shes one of the few rich people who at least publicly, does what she thinks is right. Good for her. I admire her for walking the walk

These awards aren't given at the Oscars. Used to be but they get them at a ceremony in November that isn't televised.

Blah. Blah. Blah. It's a fucking humanitarian award and it should be given to a big humanitarian.

Then Jack should have made that clear in the OP and thread title rather than lumping Jolie in the same category as Martin and Lansbury. I don't click every link in a thread so I was under the impression it was an honorary Oscar since Jack's title indicated all 3 got the same and I assumed the link reiterated that..

Edited by 4815162342

Doris Day is someone that is still needing one-same with James Garner, still great for Lansbury.

Well Doris Day's like totally cut off from the industry living in Carmel by her own choice. I assume that she's refused the award before.

These awards aren't given at the Oscars. Used to be but they get them at a ceremony in November that isn't televised.

With Jolie getting an award I think that the ball will at least be livecasted and there might be a section in the Oscars.