Plain Old Tele

BOF presents: The Top 20 Action Scenes Ever!

Meet me at Omar's.  I'm going after that truck.

How?

I don't know, I'm making this up as I go.

FUCKING love the Raiders truck scene.  It's perhaps Spielberg's greatest sequence in film (arguably).

• Like 3

Obviously a lot of SW fans voted! There's a surprising lack of superhero films in the top 20 given their recent dominance. Maybe they cannibalised each other.

Glad to see The Matrix at 1, probably would have picked the subway fight though. The 1 on 1 dynamic is more interesting.

Obviously a lot of SW fans voted! There's a surprising lack of superhero films in the top 20 given their recent dominance. Maybe they cannibalised each other.

Glad to see The Matrix at 1, probably would have picked the subway fight though. The 1 on 1 dynamic is more interesting.

Or maybe most superhero movies don't have great action. :P (There weren't a lot of superhero submissions, overall).

Though if Ed voted his ballot would probably be nothing but (Nolan-related superhero movies, at least). :D

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

I have no problem with the lobby scene being number one.  The Matrix changed film.  It created things that weren't there before.  Kudos to the members for voting for it.

The list needed some John Woo, some Kill Bill, some Tombstone, and a Leone showdown (for starters).

I'd have included the Battle of Hoth and the Trench Run before the other Star Wars bits personally.

But that's what happens when you forget to submit.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

Happy with this list! I love that the Obi-Wan/Darth Maul duel made it. I like the whole end sequence, but that particular duel is awesome because it's the only one in Star Wars (that I can think of) where both are aiming to kill.

When I think of action, Star Wars and the Matrix films come to mind, so I'm happy with this haha

Really shocked that the Kill Bill fight was left off though

Edited by jaredm2012

The list needed some John Woo, some Kill Bill, some Tombstone, and a Leone showdown (for starters).

I'd have included the Battle of Hoth and the Trench Run before the other Star Wars bits personally.

But that's what happens when you forget to submit.

I agree. I had Hard Boiled, House of Blue Leaves and Battle of Hoth, but I did forget about Leone. The opening of Once Upon a Time in the West and the ending of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly could have and maybe should have been on my list.

Posted Image

^This. I won't admit it to anyone in real life, but that is definitely my favourite action scene of all time. Closely followed by the Desert Chase and the Beach scene in Ryan. (I'm still kinda puzzled by the number 1 choice though. I don't think that scene is that good)