Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

80 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I watched DH2 just once and I barely remember it, which isn't normal because I'm a big Potter fanboy and apart from DH1 and OOTP, (damn you Yates) I watched each Potter more than 15 times

Edited by Goffe Ascending
  • Like 1

Yates = one of the most boring directors of all time Not once did he try something exciting nor amped the pace up HP would have been one great series if someone else directed final 3 books ( 4 movies ) ... I still don't know how after making the weakest HP movie he got the chance to do it all over again with HBP and finally to give us by the numbers finale that is DH

• Like 1

epic to operatic levels, with the most intensely emotional scene in potter history with the prince's tale. the last 20 minutes were shocking. awful, awful, awful.

7/10

This was aired last night on a Spanish TV network, and since I watched it for the last time in 2013, I got to consider it just as a movie, and not a massively anticipated book adaptation.

I gotta say, I loved it. Probably I appreciate more aspects of it now.

I think it's with HP1 and 4 the big 'blockbuster' of the series, concerning the magnitude of the action. It's a film just as big as a LOTR entry or any other major fantasy movie, which adds some variety to the series, because up until now it had been about 'adventures' that rarely implied battles of this scale.

The only issues I find are the dialogue with the wand-maker and with Aberforth. I think those scenes rely too much on the words alone, and can be pretty boring, especially the first one, since is placed right at the start of the movie. There are also some situations that are resolved by pure chance, like when they escape from the fire figures on the brooms. That works in a book...but not in a movie.

Aside of that, I think everything works. It has the right pace most of the time, a very good balance between dramatic scenes and comic reliefs, and it just makes a very good job on the moments that matter. I also like that it's strongly connected to the past movies, either in the form of flashbacks or taking back elements from them. It's to be expected, considering the story, but it's a nice touch nevertheless, very fitting for a 'final entry.'

• Like 1

Just one of the four films directed by Yates delivered (HBP). DH1 and DH2 didn't do the book justice, by the numbers adaptation I would say. The films didn't evoke the same emotions that the book did, even if it was faithful to the book.

But one thing that I'll never forgive is William not scoring at least the last one