#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

A Lesson to Hollywood: Make a good movie and people will come to watch it.It feels kind of obvious to say that, but Hollywood still isn't listening.

I disagree with this 100%.  There are many good films that get lost in the shuffle.  This had a fantastic trailer and it looks unlike any other film out there.  Quality imo has very little to do with how a film opens.

• Like 3

Very true. Gravity is the best 3D I've ever seen. One of the few I can say I enjoyed.

For the record I only saw it in regular 3D, I'm not sure if Switzerland even has an iMAX screen :(

Hopefully it's still playing in iMAX when I get home in November. Doubtful though.

It's definitely better than this shitty place. 

Even if it does drop 40% and not 35%, it's only about a million dollars. It would still get the record.

I don't even know yet what it made today. 

is it 17-23-15

Thanksgiving

How did I miss that. 

I disagree with this 100%.  There are many good films that get lost in the shuffle.  This had a fantastic trailer and it looks unlike any other film out there.  Quality imo has very little to do with how a film opens.

I think it depends on each persons taste, because there are movies that i believe are awesome and great and still make very little and I feel people don't understand it. 

• Like 1

Ha, that tends to be the case

Just keep in mind, I've earned the right to criticize anyone's bad predictions because no matter how bad a prediction someone makes it will never be as bad as my Hangover under Very Bad Things adjusted prediction.  

• Like 6

Just keep in mind, I've earned the right to criticize anyone's bad predictions because no matter how bad a prediction someone makes it will never be as bad as my Hangover under Very Bad Things adjusted prediction.  

And didn't you also predict TDK to make under or little above 200m? I also failed miserably at predicting the hunger games and it's part of life having a hit and a miss. 

Sorry is if this has posted yet but,

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/box-office-gravity-soars-with-record-55-million-october-launch-1200699711/

"Meanwhile, Sony’s week-early sneak of “Captain Phillips” saw enthusiastic responses, according to the studio, with 75% capacity at approximately 800 locations. Many markets were sell-outs including New York’s Lincoln Square, but also places like Plano, Texas, Minneapolis and Vancouver"

Sorry is if this has posted yet but,

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/box-office-gravity-soars-with-record-55-million-october-launch-1200699711/

"Meanwhile, Sony’s week-early sneak of “Captain Phillips” saw enthusiastic responses, according to the studio, with 75% capacity at approximately 800 locations. Many markets were sell-outs including New York’s Lincoln Square, but also places like Plano, Texas, Minneapolis and Vancouver"

Sony’s Saturday night sneak previews for “Captain Phillips” suggest the piracy drama is going to be a box office hit — and skew older.