A Christmas Story

19 members have voted

1. 1. Grade A Christmas Story

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Great fun film. It bombed when it was released, due to some really bad trailers (It showed the scene where Santa kicks Ralphie in it, which for anyone who had not seen it would not get why it was funny) Anyway, very funny, a classic.A

• Like 1

There's a reason TBS always has their 24 hours of A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve/Day. Everyone always watches it no matter how many times they've seen it. :lol:My favorite Christmas movie, definitely. A+I'm planning on heading up to the Christmas Story house in Cleveland in the next couple weeks. I don't know why I haven't made it there yet.

A+. Perfection. The movie that comes closest to encapsulating childhood. Ralphie is of a different era and a different gender but pretty much everything that goes through his head went through mine as a child.There is no character I can more closely identify with in the whole of cinema. A matter of fact if you were to mix Ralphie and Angelica from Rugrats you'd have kiddie glassfairy.

Edited by glassfairy

I'm usually one to respect people's differing opinions and how taste is subjective, etc etc. But, I can't help but judge people who dislike this movie. Hard. You heartless cretins. LOL!!

I just kind of found the jokes to be kind of stale. Idk, I didnt watch for the first time until recently, so I never had any built-up appreciation for it as a little kid. So, I can kind of blame that for initial dislike.
  • Like 1

A Christmas Story is always a great way to celebrate the season. The episodic film lacks any real structure, but that helps it greatly, feeling nostalgic in a general sense, rather than just for the 50s. The cast is all great, and there are so many sequences in it that are absolute classics. The last thirty minutes of it are its finest, and allows one to finish the movie both pleased and excited for their own Christmas. A Christmas Story is a classic that still feels fresh in spite of its constant presence around December 25. A

Also, merge these threads: