Mortal Kombat (1995)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

as a teen i thought this film was awesome , i plead the fifth (can't hold my taste as a teen against me lol)

its one of those rare video games i remember playing when i was young, as i've always been more of a bookworm than anything else 

any game i played was due to my cousin owning the latest gaming device and asking me to play with him when on vacation

As a lot of people have said already. Its a badly made movie but a true guilty pleasure. For that alone i give it an A. That theme music is absolutely fantastic and pretty iconic. To see your favourite game characters face off onscreen was a real thrill. This is a masterpiece compared to the Street Fighter movie. 

One of the interestingly rare films in history, which is objectively badly made, yet overall still a great film to watch, and an enjoyable experience. Definitely an A film, even after recently re-watching it. Just a classic film, especially some of the fight scenes. The score is also spectacular for this film, it fits the film extremely well. The score has become totally iconic.

this is so bad, so so so bad it's actually good. The fights are awful and the score is just the theme being played again and again, I don't think this movie has any truly redeeming quality.

By the way, these are my favorite scenes:

The fighting looks like bad choreography, just like in Daredevil. And you never get to know who won the fight, and that's coming from a tournament in which every fight end up with someone dead.

And then you have this. How did she know he was gonna fight Sub-Zero? And why there was a bucket of water right there just waiting to be used? Is she using telephathy or she just thought that her appearance would help Liu Kang remember her words? And how exactly did the water became a perfectly shaped icicle?

hnngg i love this

Edited by JohnnY
  • Like 1