Walt Disney

Break the tie: The Graduate vs. The Jungle Book

The Jungle Book was better than all those movies you listed. Also, adjusted for inflation, did you know Jungle Book is the 30st best selling film?

Better than 101 Dalmatians? Better than BAMBI (part of the Golden Age of Disney)? Better than Lady and the Tramp?...no way on Earth anything in Jungle Book is better than Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, or Aladdin (all 3 of which are definitely in my top 10 Disney animated films list). Jungle Book has a little charm but it just doesn't work for me except for Bare Necessities and I Wanna Be Like You... take out those 2 songs and it's... meh. Whereas the 3 I mentioned have superb soundtracks throughout, breathtaking scenery, and some great dialogue/character moments considering what Disney is.

Plus, why does ticket sales make a film great? No way Avatar is the best of 2009... sure some blockbusters are spectacular but most are overrated and forgettable. Cool Hand Luke, Bonnie and Clyde and The Graduate are easily the 3 main legtimate contenders for best film of 1967 - this is not a true list if Jungle Book is voted cream of the crop for that year...

Edited by mahnamahna

Plus, why does ticket sales make a film great? No way Avatar is the best of 2009... sure some blockbusters are spectacular but most are overrated and forgettable. Cool Hand Luke, Bonnie and Clyde and The Graduate are easily the 3 main legtimate contenders for best film of 1967 - this is not a true list if Jungle Book is voted cream of the crop for that year...

There are controversies with any best of list.

Edited by Walt Disney

I hate to pull the elitist card here, but how on earth did we get to a tie-breaker between The Graduate and The Jungle Book? I realize that they're from the same year (which was also stacked with other very highly-regarded and influential movies), but one is a legitimate American classic whose themes are still as relevant now as they ever were, and the other is a cute but forgettable Disney movie.

• Like 3