Walt Disney

Break the tie: The Graduate vs. The Jungle Book

THE JUNGLE BOOK is awful. Lousy, cheap animation and a complete bastardization of the original material, the type of shit you couldn't do today without total outrage. Just because y'all watched it a billion times while eating Play-Doh doesn't make it good. ;)

I used to like you. Emphasis on "used to."The Graduate is meh. So for this vote I'll say Jungle Book. If I would have voted Cool Hand Luke would have been my choice

I used to like you. Emphasis on "used to."The Graduate is meh. So for this vote I'll say Jungle Book. If I would have voted Cool Hand Luke would have been my choice

I don't love THE GRADUATE either... but it's sure as hell better than that Disney abomination. (I'd happily vote for COOL HAND LUKE over either too).

• Like 1

Tie-breakers are determined by what films end up tied. In a perfect world, there would be a clear winner, and we wouldn't need tie-breakers. But, these races were exceptionally tight, especially the earlier years where there wasn't as much participation. I am happy that we didn't end up with that many ties for the early years, when there really were usually 6-8 votes each year.  With this specific tie, there were 13 people who voted in this year, with 8 movies having at least 1 vote. 

These two films were the two  highest domestic adjusted grossing films for the year 1967. I have no problem with them ending up as the finalists.

No one knows what to vote for, except for me because I can see all the ballots. Which is why I always try to vote early, so that I can't use my vote to sabotage a film that I don't like. So even if you disagreed with the films in this tie-breaker, it would be hard to know which film to vote for.

However, since I know a lot of people are curious, Cool Hand Luke needed 1 more vote to make this a 3-way tie.

Edited by Walt Disney

Any tiebreakers from 1980 onwards?

There's a tie in 1979, a 5 way tie in 1987, and I believe 4 ties from the year 2000- 2012.

2011 has a 4 way tie. That year was the one with the least agreement. Almost every movie ever made in 2011 has a vote. I was dreading the tie-breaker because I was going to have to post every single movie and everyone who participated voted for a 2011 movie. Finally, one movie had 2 votes. Then, another movie. At the end, another 2 movies received a second vote. So we have a 4 way tie, which may seem bad, but the alternative was a lot scarier.

Edited by Walt Disney

The fact that people call it a Disney story makes me all the more annoyed. :rant:

Well it's obviously is not a disney story (only Wreck it Ralph, Lilo and  Stitch and 1 or 2 other could be.) but still I can't help but find the whole ensemble of the film completely perfect.