Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

So $440 OS + $240 DOM = $ 680 million Worldwide. Who is with me ?

More realistically $420 OS, $235 DOM. = $655W

Ending up somewhere between TDW and MOS WW. Which is really good.

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 1

I hope ASM2 kind of helping Cap 2 becomes the case instead of people just choosing to see that over Cap 2. 

Amen Empire.. Cap is without a doubt the superior of the two.. So lets hope folks keep going back to Cap :)

Oh some behind the scenes for you and our Cap2 rocks supporters my friend..

Enjoy.. Funny Stuff

Amen Empire.. Cap is without a doubt the superior of the two.. So lets hope folks keep going back to Cap :)

Oh some behind the scenes for you and our Cap2 rocks supporters my friend..

Enjoy.. Funny Stuff

That's what i think.

Folks who have seen CA2 will see TASM2 and undoutedbly compare them.  They will talk about it, be vocal about it and go back seeing CA2 while others coming for TASM2 will hear about CA2 from them and check it.

There is also the scenario of TASM2 being booked on the very first days and people being proposed to check another similar product instead.  It happens all the time.

Young adults too will chose CA2 more than TASM.  CA2 has four stars out of 5 in my cinema, which is the average rate from all the people who have seen it and decioded to rate them.  It's one of the highest one.  It's right up there on the board when you go to the movies. Some people use it to check it or not (Thor 2 had 3 stars by comparison)

Finally Easter Hollidays are in.  Teens, young adults usually go multiple times to the movies.  They will check this out.

Basicly TASM2 will at first hurt it but the hurt can be mutual if they are compared to each other and CA2 is perceived as the better product.  It can limit the multiple viewings for TASM2 and shift a part of the TASM2 audience back to CA2 (including those who haven't check it already).  

Great an other Belgian!

But I have to say Noah wal 3/5 full last night and that is very strange because normaly there are only 10 people sitting in the cinema (my lockal one).. So I thin Noah won't be bad, but i don't know for other theathers.

It will hurt it punctually, then stabilize.  They could even feed each other.  People going to see TASM and then after it decide to see the other CBM movie that is still in theaters.

It's the same case as TASM versus TDKR.

I really hope ppl just see both TASM & Cap  :)

• Like 2

What i have noticed so far when looking at markets is :

1) CAWS is lower in Europe + Australia than TDW but in certain countries/regions the gap is narrowing with some countries that are or would be on par or slightly edge it (examples : Scandinavia, Spain, Italy, The UK)  I think it's Germany and mainly Russia that did much better for TDW than for CAWS.  Otherwise, they are really quite on par with one another with a slighter lead from TDW as weeks go by compared to the first week when TDW opened much bigger in most of them.  Better legs are clearly on CAWS side to explain this.

2) In Asia, it's the other way around with China aiming at doing AS MUCH AS twice what  TDW  did ($55M versus $105 - $110M), South Korea marching to hit $30$+M versus $21M for TDW.

3) In Latine America CAWS has a slight edge so far compared to TDW.

So all in all, we could consider that Asia will make up for sure for the gap in Europe and Latine America will give it a slight edge.

Through this rough analysis, i beleive they will finish more closer than people think even with TASM2 which open first in Europe, its weakest market but also the one where its legs are better than TDW's narrowing the gap.  

In its strongest market,  Asia (bar Japan) TASM2 will open later, so it still give CAWS room to maximise its lead there in countries like South Korea and China.

I therefore think CAWS could fall anywhere between $430 and $450 depending on how far it will outgross TDW in Asia and Latine America.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 7

Yes, $18m in two days.  Any guesses/estimates about what it will make by Sunday even with losing screens to Spidey in UK, Australia and Mexico? It would need $55m more to hit $400 o/s

EDIT: $65m so um my guess is no not this w/e

Edited by TalismanRing

Yes, $18m in two days.  Any guesses/estimates about what it will make by Sunday even with losing screens to Spidey in UK, Australia and Mexico? It would need $55m more to hit $400 o/s

65M more.

I compared the 47 markets where CA:TWS opened already and BOM updated the totals with TDW (Some of them had 3 weeks, some 2 and some only 1). TWS is winning thanks to Asia and the States & Canada. (As of last Sunday)

Continent / TDW / TWS

Asia / 105.6 / 141.9      

Africa / 1.8 / 1.5      

Latin America / 49.1 / 47.2      

Europe / 122.9 / 84.6      

Oceania / 14.9 / 13.1      

DOM / 145.1 / 159.0      

Total WW / $439.4m / $447.2m

Edited by Henry I
  • Like 7

Was it a holiday in USA? Because this is a great bumb! 

Thor only improved 23.5% so thats a lot of difference.

Btw: TH CF wasn't released yet..

$4,726,740 $2.729.808 

+ 36.5%       +23.5%

Makes a gab of 2m on Tuesday

Edited by pepsa