Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

I think its going to summer or November. My preferred date for ST3 of November 11th is currently occupied by Sinister Six but I wouldn't be surprised if SS ends being moved or delayed to 2017. The 50th anniversary will mean there will tons of free publicity for Star Trek everywhere. That can only be a good thing for the film,

Edited by Jonwo

This should stay to summer IMO. In November and December, there will be the first Star Wars spin-off and Avatar 2 probably (one of them will go to November, they won't be both in the same month). Too much SF of similar style (mostly Star Wars). In the summer, they are kind of alone on this segment, the blockbusters are mainly superhero stuff.

Edited by Shaldun

I don't get why these films are given such big budgets.  They don't really generate that much money.

First one:  150 mill budget, so at least 225 mill with WW marketing.  Total gross was 375

Second one:  190 mill so about 260 at least with WW marketing. Total gross: 467 mill.

Seems like a losing enterprise to me.

I don't get why these films are given such big budgets.  They don't really generate that much money.

First one:  150 mill budget, so at least 225 mill with WW marketing.  Total gross was 375

Second one:  190 mill so about 260 at least with WW marketing. Total gross: 467 mill.

Presumably it's because they help drive the whole ST digital library and assets.

• Like 3

I don't get why these films are given such big budgets. They don't really generate that much money.

First one: 150 mill budget, so at least 225 mill with WW marketing. Total gross was 375

Second one: 190 mill so about 260 at least with WW marketing. Total gross: 467 mill.

The second one was no doubt expected to make more money. I think this one will have a Lower budget