Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

I feel like Into Darkness has a poor reception amongst fans while general audiences enjoyed the sci-fi ride it was.  I just wonder how something so poorly scripted go the praise it did from critics.

I'm more liable to give ST3 some leeway with writers like Orci, Kurtzman, and Lindelof away from the series.  Then again, I said the same thing for Transformers.

• Like 3

Kahn was the worst thing about Into Darkness, not Cumberbatches fault as he tries to.make him interesting but holy shit is he a horribly written character

I actually didn't mind Khan, outside of the stupid mystery box reveal.

My biggest beef with Into Darkness's script is that they built the entire movie around Kirk learning about consequences to his actions, then proceeded to make a 2 hour movie where Kirk's risky choices end up costing him or his crew nothing.  He even DIES, but is promptly revived by magic space blood.

It's amusing to me.  ST09 got some things right and a lot of things wrong.  STID fixed some of the issues I had with ST09, but broke a lot of the things it got right.

• Like 1