Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

"I didn’t even realize how emotional it was until, like, the first day I went, it was in preproduction I walked into the hallway of the Enterprise and, like, it just kind of hit me, and it’s been a big part of me. My level of engagement was really from 8 to 18. I watched Trek at 11 p.m. on channel 13 with my dad. He worked all day, closed shop at 9, and we had dinner at 10 and watched Trek. And so a lot of that is trying to hopefully create something that embraces the essence of Trek for me..."

http://collider.com/star-trek-3-beyond-justin-lin-interview/

Great little interview with Lin, the dude is a huge Star Trek fan. Although the trailer didn't fully sell me, I'm interested to see what he does with it. 

Edited by Jay Salahi

What's up with the comedy tone all over the trailer? Damn, are they envy of the Guardians of the Galaxy success or something? I mean I can understand the not-so-good marketing of Star Trek 2 and they want to get for another direction, but this is going too far, and it feels awkward.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

This will flop.

The director of FF films makes great action films however he is doing a very focused nerdy franchise.

Therefore his traditional base wont be watching the Star Trek films and ST fans will be pissed.

Seems lethal and I am no ST hatter. 

7 hours ago, Halba said:

this movie looks fucking atrocious.

48 minutes ago, damienroc said:

How can you say that? We don't know what the RT score or the runtime is yet, so it's absolutely impossible to form an opinion.

Sometimes you can just tell. 

It was apparent with Jupiter Ascending and obvious with Fantastic Four reboot. 

Sometimes...you can just tell.

That said, I don't feel that vibe on this from the teaser trailer alone. Teaser trailers are typically high octane and meant to grab you so they showcase action moments. Therefore the trailer gives off a first blush impression that people are citing now.

19 hours ago, Luiz Nando said:

That headline is a big exaggeration. It picks up two and a half years after they started their five-year mission in deep space, which was stated at the end of STID. What they are talking about are just lazy plot devices, but nothing remarkable.