Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

4 minutes ago, Belakor said:

The movie is just too close of the release date for that.

Nah this is the studio that pulled GI Joe 2 with only 5 weeks till release.... so they have till the first of June ;) At this point I would say moving OUT of summer would even boost the film financially but all the exects will see if the benefits of summer weekdays - no matter the fact that more than 20 wide films open in the 4-5 weeks after STB does.

6 minutes ago, Belakor said:

The movie is just too close of the release date for that.

G.I. Joe 2 was already mentioned but Jupiter Ascending was also bumped to February just a month before its July release. Of course that move was most likely because they knew they had a dog on their hands and moved it out of summer to save it the embarrassment.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

G.I. Joe 2 was already mentioned but Jupiter Ascending was also bumped to February just a month before its July release. Of course that move was most likely because they knew they had a dog on their hands and moved it out of summer to save it the embarrassment.

Let's hope that is not the case for this.

#neverforget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ckBIXZ044

Edited by Belakor

I feel like awareness for this is non-existent right now outside of maybe Trekkies, who are mad at the franchise now since they hated STID. If there's not some real marketing oomph soon I'm detecting a possible disaster for this one. Like I mean sub 100m doesnt even seem far fetched at the moment. 

Yes, i feel like the studio is giving up on Trek. It's the 50th anniversary but one wouldn't know. Too bad, the first one made quite an impact.

I'm partially blaming the OS market for not giving this franchise the love it deserves.

Thank God for the new TV show! Exciting!