grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

I think the main thing to come out of this weekend if estimates hold will be other studios suddenly realizing that Marvel movies (apart from Avengers and Iron Man) are not bulletproof. We may actually have situations moving forward where Marvel does not get a clear weekend to themselves just because they announced a release date far in advance.

I think the main thing to come out of this weekend if estimates hold will be other studios suddenly realizing that Marvel movies (apart from Avengers and Iron Man) are not bulletproof. We may actually have situations moving forward where Marvel does not get a clear weekend to themselves just because they announced a release date far in advance.

Possibly, but we'd have to see how CA2 does. It could just be that Marvel stick only to the summer.

Aaand again will be trolled by him. Circle would be complete. :D

I understand him by the way, a have the same, unjustified and unreasonable hate for Iron Man I just try to stay low key about it *shifty eyes*

Circle of life will continue to end of time with Tarzan.  :D

I feel the sameway about Renner as Hawkeye. I couldn't give crap that he was short changed in TA.  

I am surprised so many are predicting huge numbers for GOTG just because it's "Marvel"

Predictions will come down after this. I've always thought 150 would be a struggle for it

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I am surprised so many are predicting huge numbers for GOTG just because it's "Marvel"

I still think it could be a sleeper breakout, but not predicting anything officially until a trailer drops. Seeing these numbers for Thor are definitely cause for more caution now. Especially with

that Del Toro tag

Edited by ShawnMR

I'm high on it not only because it's Marvel but it looks different and feels unique than any SH movie previously released. 

I've been saying for months RDJ is only true star of Avengers... Anyone willing to argue after this? Pretty clear where Disney needs to spend its acting budget.

They should pay RDJ 100m and merely subsidise the lunch expenses of everyone else for TA2.

I still think it could be a sleeper breakout, but not predicting anything officially until a trailer drops. Seeing these numbers for Thor are definitely cause for more caution now. Especially with

that Del Toro tag

I really wasn't feeling that at all. Nobody knew Thanos at the end of TA but people were intrigued, everytime this one has got a muted wtf reaction.

• Like 1

I've been saying for months RDJ is only true star of Avengers... Anyone willing to argue after this? Pretty clear where Disney needs to spend its acting budget.

Avengers were much more than RDJ sure he's the main star but TA was an ensemble through and through. 

• Founder / Operator

I really wasn't feeling that at all. Nobody knew Thanos at the end of TA but people were intrigued, everytime this one has got a muted wtf reaction.

I was excited at first because I managed to avoid any spoilers about what the tag would be (I honestly thought it would relate to Captain America). But a few seconds into it, it definitely felt off compared to the effectiveness of most other end credits scenes they've done. They're hitting that point in comic book lore where I've always feared they'll start to lose some of the mainstream audience.

• Like 3

Sure Avengers was an ensemble but RDJ is such a force that it feels like he is getting more attention in the movie even if he really wasn't. Also Iron Man is by far the most popular character not just because of RDJ but also because of his design. That cool robot suit design is just very appealing, especially to kids. 

• Like 3