TLK

Deadline Saturday Estimates: BD1 7.2, Muppets 5.1,...

I agree. I shouldn't complain because I haven't had the chance to see it yet. But it's sad that the best reviewed movie of the year and one that audiences that have seen it seem to just love it is going to be beat by a film that nobody will remember 25 years from now. But then again after following box office for a few years I shouldn't really be surprised at what becomes a hit and what doesn't. As moviegoers we've allowed some great films to fall by the wayside and we've allowed not so great one's to become hits.And to be fair we've also let the good one's become hits and rejected the bad the one's.

Edited by DAR

But once again, why did a lot of us think it would be that big (Muppets)? It hasn't been for years.

Neither we're the Chipmunks, Smurfs or Yogi Bear. I guess maybe the key would have been to make the Muppets horrible CGI creations.

But once again, why did a lot of us think it would be that big (Muppets)? It hasn't been for years.

Shouldn't the movie be able to just stand on its own? Who cares if The Muppets haven't been big for ages, if the film is good people should flock to it.That just hasn't happened.

I think we had a couple in 2010 too.

Maybe if the schedule went:4-Nov: Tower Heist, Sitter11-Nov: Immortals, Jack & Jill, J Edgar18-Nov: Twilight, Descendents, Happy Feet 223-Nov: Muppets, Mission Impossible 42-Dec: Hugo9-Dec: New Year's Eve, Harold & Kumar 3, Arthur Christmas16-Dec: Alvin and the Chipmunks, Sherlock Holmes21-Dec: Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Adventures of Tintin23-Dec: War Horse, We Bought A Zoo, Darkest Hour

The Muppets is doing fine.It's just an example of fans overblowing and making expectations out to be a lot higher than it every deserved to be.I mean, I saw 60m 5-day and over 150m total projections on here.....that's just fanboyism right there. Similar to Scream 4 and Super 8 yet again with fanboy expectations overriding common sense.