Films

Weekend estimates:Thor 2 $38.4m, TBMH $30.6m

I want to see The Book Thief too! I'm gonna see Thor 2 again today. Hopefully Book Thief is playing there.

Yeah unfortunately The Book Thief is playing at The Kabuki Theater in Japantown. It's not too far but a little more inconvenient for me. However I just saw the trailer this week and I was hooked. It looks really good! And TDW is also playing there! :D

So I have a friend who I thought had good opinions on movies. However, earlier today we talked about superhero movies, or to be more specific, the Spider-Man movies. I love the Raimi movies, but she hated them and loved TASM. I said an argument can made for SM1<TASM, but there's no way anyone can hate Spider-Man 2, since it's easily in the top 4 superhero movies of all time. She gave me a death glare, and another friend of mine said that my favorite superhero movie is The Incredibles, which shouldn't count since it's original material. The first friend glared at me even more, and then asked if the top 4 includes Fantastic Four and Green Lantern. She then went on a rant about how Spider-Man 2 and The Incredibles are awful superhero movies. Needless to say, I really don't respect her opinions on movies anymore.

Why do I post this in the Weekend thread? IDK, people were talking about Spider-Man 3 on Wednesday, I figure I can bring up Spider-Man 2 on a Saturday.

:P

Okay, if I were you, I wouldn't take her opinions about movies seriously after that. How anyone can think TASM > SM or Incredibles is beyond me. 

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure her sole reason for TASM being better than them all is Andrew Garfield's abs.....

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure her sole reason for TASM being better than them all is Andrew Garfield's abs.....

Some women are going to like Twider-Man. It sounds to me like she's probably a Twilight fan and TASM was similar enough to Twilight to satisfy her.