Punishment

Tue Numbers 11/19: TTDW 2.7m, TBMH 2.3m

^^^^

I don't think that means what you think it means.

You'd have to use that in the context that it's still trying to find an audience. That it still is striving to hit some monetary goalposts.

At $150m domestic, nearly $500m WW with the remainder of the holidays left it's a huge success.

My post was in reference to all the holdovers, TDW is my 2nd favorite superhero film of 2013 witha A- yo.

• Like 1

I don't know if you intended for that to sound sexual, but boy, did it ever

It happens.

I thought it did sound sexual, but I wasn't so sure about that.

I did consider a joke, that was far worse (it didn't make any sense though).

Edited by Fancyarcher

I don't get the black people reference in relation to Thor 2.  LOL

Somebody made the comment that Thor was #1 Tuesday "as expected".

You asked "why was it expected"

I answered "because of Canada"

Baumer answered "It wasn't playing in Canada"

Canada has discount Tuesday which inflates the Tuesday grosses. The Best Man Holiday wasn't playing in Canada thereby enabling

Thor to get to #1. So it was "expected" with Discount Tuesday in Canada and no competition (BMH) Thor would be #1.

Somebody made the comment that Thor was #1 Tuesday "as expected".

You asked "why was it expected"

I answered "because of Canada"

Baumer answered "It wasn't playing in Canada"

Canada has discount Tuesday which inflates the Tuesday grosses. The Best Man Holiday wasn't playing in Canada thereby enabling

Thor to get to #1. So it was "expected" with Discount Tuesday in Canada and no competition (BMH) Thor would be #1.

hahaha, thanks Ecstasy.  Mystery solved.  

• Like 1

^^^^

I don't think that means what you think it means.

You'd have to use that in the context that it's still trying to find an audience. That it still is striving to hit some monetary goalposts.

At $150m domestic, nearly $500m WW with the remainder of the holidays left it's a huge success.

Liked for the Princess Bride reference.

• Like 1

The answer is the same, lol.

You may be on to something here. Dwayne McDuffie, who was one of the most important black creators in comics before his tragic early death, once said that Thor was Marvel's blackest character because he was all about reconciliation with the father. This article about McDuffie's life and work mentions the Thor comment, and also explains why having three of this year's fairly small number of black ensemble cast movies (in a row, no less) all be Christmas movies might be considered problematic.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31189

Its almost garantueed that Thor will have a 2,5-2,6 multiplier. Dont think it will go under. Even Wolverine did 2,5 with 60% drop in 2nd weekend,62,5% in 3rd and 44% in 4th. Thor have and will do better than that. 210 mill is minimum IMO

• Like 1

Its almost garantueed that Thor will have a 2,5-2,6 multiplier. Dont think it will go under. Even Wolverine did 2,5 with 60% drop in 2nd weekend,62,5% in 3rd and 44% in 4th.

Thor have and will do better than that.

210 mill is minimum IMO

I hope it hits 200m, but I have my doubts; this is what happened to Spider-Man last year:

TW LW Title (click to view) Studio Weekend Gross % Change Theater Count / Change Average Total Gross Budget* Week #
1 N The Dark Knight Rises WB $160,887,295 - 4,404 - $36,532 $160,887,295 $250 1
3 2 The Amazing Spider-Man Sony $10,887,111 -68.6% 3,753 -565 $2,901 $228,611,425 $230 3

I hope it hits 200m, but I have my doubts; this is what happened to Spider-Man last year:

TW LW Title (click to view) Studio Weekend Gross % Change Theater Count / Change Average Total Gross Budget* Week # 1 N The Dark Knight Rises WB $160,887,295 - 4,404 - $36,532 $160,887,295 $250 1 3 2 The Amazing Spider-Man Sony $10,887,111 -68.6% 3,753 -565 $2,901 $228,611,425 $230 3

When THE DARK KNIGHT RISES hit theaters, TASM went on to gross an additional 44M+ in domestic sales.

By the end of this week, Thor should amass approx. 154M. 

To make it to 200M, it will need an additional 46M in sales. 

The weekends are questionable as to how they'll hold up to Spider-Man's, but the dailies seem like they'll be significantly smaller.