Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

The vast majority of IMAX screenings had 5pm double features, which is why so many started at 11 PM. And that probably also explains Nikki's tweet about them being up 78% compared to the first.

That would put it in line for 17-18M from IMAX for the weekend (maybe 19-20M with the increased capacity)

Edited by spizzer

Ah, that's true. And to think, I even split those out in my spreadsheet. Still, none of them sold out.... which goes back to my original point about Lionsgate and marketing IMAX.

I saw The Hunger Games on IMAX and let me tell you... never again #shakycamdeath.

I do think we would have 8pm showings sell out if the fanbase wasn't segmented by the double features. But I certainly still agree with you about Lionsgate's marketing of IMAX.

• Like 1

Ender's Game didn't have the digital IMAX last week. Thor took all digital IMAX screens away from it. And this week Thor has lost those screens to CF and Ender's has lost the normal IMAX screens to CF.

Edited by grim22

So Thor's drop wasn't even that bad comparatively speaking.

The real test for Thor and Ender's game is today. The first day of direct demo competition. If CF gathers really good word of mouth and becomes a true 4 quadrant movie then those 2 movies will be hit hardest IMO. 

• Like 1

The real test for Thor and Ender's game is today. The first day of direct demo competition. If CF gathers really good word of mouth and becomes a true 4 quadrant movie then those 2 movies will be hit hardest IMO. 

I agree with you.

They are both goners. :lol:

Edited by ECSTASY

OMG! I've been duped!!!

Per Wiki,

In September 2012, both theaters removed their 15/70 Film projectors and replaced them with digital projectors.[3]

Posted Image

Like I said, right after TDKR a bunch of legit IMAX screens got switched. Sucks for anyone who usually goes to those screens and hopes to see Catching Fire's IMAX footage the way it was shot. We are sort of in a transition period waiting on all those screens to get the laser projectors. At that point hopefully they will be able to do a better job projecting IMAX film footage.

• Like 1

It's too late for Ender's Game. It already had its test, and it failed.

Like I said, right after TDKR a bunch of legit IMAX screens got switched. Sucks for anyone who usually goes to those screens and hopes to see Catching Fire's IMAX footage the way it was shot. We are sort of in a transition period waiting on all those screens to get the laser projectors. At that point hopefully they will be able to do a better job projecting IMAX film footage.

Are they looking to do the same with the lieMax screens?  Even so, don't they still lack the physical size of the 15/70 screens?