Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

I know, its a goddamn shame! The whole movie is a fucking embarrassment for everyone involved. Dad said it was one of the shittiest movies he's ever seen and blamed me for taking him to see it and wasting his Saturday evening.

:lol:

That is hilarious, but kind of sad at the same time.

I think people need to get used to the idea that not every well-received franchise sequel is going to increase ten-fold from the original on opening weekend. As you all know, there's something called a "franchise ceiling," and some franchises more or less hit that ceiling on the first try (Star Trek comes to mind). 

I have to admit, it's pretty incredible that HP8's opening day record is going to stay intact for at least 4 years.

Especially when you consider that the OD record is historically broken nearly every year.  Its 43.5m haul at midnight is phenomenal....and with a December release date for SW7 it might be 2016 or beyond before the midnight record is broken. 

Edited by Lumos