Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

• Founder / Operator

Rewatched the first 1:45 of the Hobbit 1 EE earlier today. I really don't get the hate people have for the first act. In the EE which has some minor add-ons they're out of the Shire in just over 40 minutes. Not much different from FOTR.

The only major problems AUJ has are in the second half once they leave Rivendell with the pointless Stone Giant battle and the video game platformer sequence in Goblin Town.

I basically agree. I just think Goblin Town has a bit of a "been there, done that" feel with FotR. But the riddles scene greatly alleviates that.

As for the stone giants, they're pointless to the story--but man, are they fun to watch in surround sound.

2:30 AM here. I didn't planned to stay awake until so late. This forum is too damn entertaining! I need to get some sleep some day.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

2:30 AM here. I didn't planned to stay awake until so late. I need to get some sleep some day.

Who needs sleep when you can bicker about Queens and this year's superhero movies for the 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000th time?

• Like 2

i'm confused ! i thought the only queen was meryl streep! B)  the others wish they were as flawless and perfect as her :wub:

hey numbers i'm sooooo jealous of you right now for being able to see the EE of the HOBBIT  :( need to remedy to that asap

2:30 AM here. I didn't planned to stay awake until so late. This forum is too damn entertaining! I need to get some sleep some day.

BO is like crack, you can't get enough. Time to move to USA and be able to sleep on time.  ;)  :lol:

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

i'm confused ! i thought the only queen was meryl streep! B)  the others wish they were as flawless and perfect as her :wub:

hey numbers i'm sooooo jealous of you right now for being able to see the EE of the HOBBIT  :( need to remedy to that asap

It's very worth it. There are only 2-3 clips I thought didn't belong. It's no LOTR extended version, but some of the added bits actually do add to character arcs.

• Like 3