Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

3D should only be used if a films content requires it.The likes of Pi and Gravity where you're immersed into those worlds are the types of films that warrant 3D, and it is justified in the fact that the GA audience are willing to pay the premium.

• Like 5

3D should only be used if a films content requires it.The likes of Pi and Gravity where you're immersed into those worlds are the types of films that warrant 3D, and it is justified in the fact that the GA audience are willing to pay the premium.

Pretty much. Movies need to be painstakingly designed with the 3D in mind, only that way it can work. Movies like Thor: The Dark World or Man of Steel are obviously not in any way designed for 3D, which is evident in the fast editing alone. Fast editing doesn't fucking work in 3D, your eye just can't keep up with what's happening. 

• Like 2

I actually agree with you but studio heads only see dollar signs, unfortunately. 

Anyone?

No point in the comparison as CF was backloaded on OW compared to the uber frontloadedness of NM. I think 380M looks good with outside shot but still a shot at 400M. 

Edited by druv10

CF is going to have a far better multiplier than New Moon and any of the Twilight films. THG is a franchise that resonates with the general public the way the Twilight saga never did, and has a lot more casual fans. A lot of people may not have been rushing out to see it opening day, but they will still catch it when they have the chance, before its run is over.

I still keep saying this: 3D is a fine tool that's constantly being raped by greedy studios wanting to make a quick buck. I'm not ready to lose faith in 3D. 

So sick of you misusing the word 'rape'. Please stop. Rape is not a casual word that can be thrown around so brazenly. It's a traumatic experience that some people on this forum have had to live through, and seeing you use it in such a stupid context is beyond upsetting. Words mean things. When you use 'rape' the way you do, you diminish not only the meaning of the word, but also the severity of the action itself. I, as a rape survivor, am asking you again to stop being so thoughtless and insensitive.

• Like 6

CF is going to have a far better multiplier than New Moon and any of the Twilight films. THG is a franchise that resonates with the general public the way the Twilight saga never did, and has a lot more casual fans. A lot of people may not have been rushing out to see it opening day, but they will still catch it when they have the chance, before its run is over.So sick of you misusing the word 'rape'. Please stop. Rape is not a casual word that can be thrown around so brazenly. It's a traumatic experience that some people on this forum have had to live through, and seeing you use it in such a stupid context is beyond upsetting. Words mean things. When you use 'rape' the way you do, you diminish not only the meaning of the word, but also the severity of the action itself. I, as a rape survivor, am asking you again to stop being so thoughtless and insensitive.

Sorry to hear you were raped, but you can't force people to stop using the word rape like that.
  • Like 4

Studios could actually do some good by reading these forums. After all, we kind of actually represent the general audience (well at least more than they think they know them).

No we are not

The Master won film of the year on these forums? (not a insult on the film just we are not GA) :P

• Like 1