Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

already has a sellout, at what appears to be the busiest Regal theater in NYC (Regal Union Square), for a 2p.m. show, Fire is Catching much earlier today.

Edited by B J
  • Like 1

Btw, how do you figure that 155m = +350m? Not trying to put you on the spot or anything. Just curious and want to learn.

It's just taking the multipliers for other frontloaded sequels, like some of the Potters and Twilights.  

• Like 2

already has a sellout, at what appears to be the busiest Regal theater in NYC (Regal Union Square), for a 2p.m. show, Fire is Catching much earlier today.

It's going to do about 45-48 mill today.  Naturally there will be matinee sellouts.

I don't think people realize how massive the movie is only because it will end the weekend with 145-155M. Even if only does 40M Sat (which I don't believe, I think it will do at least 45M), it is still a huge number. Of course there will be sellouts!

• Like 2

Why can't CF do the same multipler than hunger games? The hunger games had multipler of a sequel no first movie.

No, THG had a multiplier of a first movie. Not a sequel. A sequel would end with 340-350M of a 150M OW.

I forgot a out the post Thanksgiving drop. And then of course there is the Hobbit, and then a bunch of films on Christmas...

Post drop won't happen till the 7th of December due to the calendar falling te way it does. John Marsters is being obsessively negative for the sake of negative next weekend will have a big drop because of how high it opened but it's the holiday frame whixh will cushion it somewhat.

Btw, how do you figure that 155m = +350m? Not trying to put you on the spot or anything. Just curious and want to learn.

Well, DH1 had a multiplier of 2.3, and THG had a multiplier of 2.7. CF obviously will not have the same multiplier as its predecessor, but with a thankgiving boost next weekend, and the holidays coming up. a 2.3 multiplier is pretty much a given I'd say. 2.3 x 155 = 356.5m, which is why, if it opened that high, I don't think it'd fall below 350m.